4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mds

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tombogue09
I've had mine over a year with 30k miles.....I still can't tell when mds is on. Everyone says with a louder exhaust its easy to tell.
Okay I have tried riding in the box with the tailgate open and laying there listening for my exhaust to sound different. My wife was driving and like a Sunday school teacher no sound no nothing. I think only time the sound is different is when you put an after marker muffler. Besides its not worth it I think to wear 4 cylinder out more than the other 4, what kind of money is that gonna cost me. I would love to shut it down. Is there a way?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:18 PM
mike2810
Captain

Originally Posted by 72combo
Okay I have tried riding in the box with the tailgate open and laying there listening for my exhaust to sound different. My wife was driving and like a Sunday school teacher no sound no nothing. I think only time the sound is different is when you put an after marker muffler. Besides its not worth it I think to wear 4 cylinder out more than the other 4, what kind of money is that gonna cost me. I would love to shut it down. Is there a way?
Cost you how? You have an 09. Don't you have the lifetime powertrain warrenty? Besides mds has been around for a fews years. Don't know of adverse affects.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:43 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by mike2810
Cost you how? You have an 09. Don't you have the lifetime powertrain warrenty? Besides mds has been around for a fews years. Don't know of adverse affects.
Us Canadians get no lifetime warranty, we get ****. I bought an extended warranty for one extra year I figure 6 years with be fine, no deductible and also the extended covers some parts that fall out of warranty after 3 years or 60000kms. We get hosed over here, but we don't get screwed as much as you guys do at the dealerships. There are a few cases one guy in here lives where I do he is getting hosed but he is trying to get them to buy back his truck I would go with them fixing it to my liking, rarely over here do they buy them back no lemon law here. So boys go beat the hell out of your hemi's be sure they will find something to blame it on other that shodding workmanship, or course they will check the black box and find out if you been beatin it!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:31 PM
tombogue09
Captain

Yeah that powertrain warranty sounds good but when something goes wrong 100k down the road they will put you at fault over something. I've been reading a thread on a cummins forum were a guy is getting beat of a powertrain warranty because he changed his own oil!(which he changed religously). They said it had to be recorded as being done at the dealer.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:19 PM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tombogue09
They said it had to be recorded as being done at the dealer.
Send an email to the dealer at each oil change.