4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Media Center 730N parking override for DVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
shnill
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Media Center 730N parking override for DVD

anyone know how to override the parking sensor so you can play dvds while you drive?

Old 03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
topgun
Captain

It is illegal for the front seat video to be playing when moving most places, that's why it doesn't work in drive. You'll need something like an Allgig or Lockpick.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:09 AM
JohnKoz
Rookie

Laws are made for people who don’t know how to do what’s right.
Personally, I don’t see any problem in my wife entering an address for a destination while we’re late and already driving in that direction. And similarly with the DVD, if to start a DVD for the kids one has to wade through endless previews and other gimmicks to start the actual movie. With the truck as-is we have 2 choices 1) ask the kids “what do you see…. up...down...left...do you see play?” or 2) lean back through the seats to see their video monitor, arguably less safer then just displaying the video temporarily on the screen so we can make a choice.

Eventually I’m going to get a solution to let me operate my truck the way *I* choose!

I appreciate the tips about AllGig or Lockpick.

-John

Old 03-30-2010, 08:43 AM
shnill
Rookie
Old 03-30-2010, 08:49 AM
JohnKoz
Rookie

Sweet, I'll have to try that!
Any similar trick for the nav typing?

-John

Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

You cant do that trick on the 09/10 rams, unless you change the system operating software of the older unit and put it in your REN, I have done this and it has bugs for most people, like stuttering audio,and scratchy audio, the version is 8.400 that does this, it can be burned to a disc and then installed in your unit, but like most of us that tried it it sounded bad, one poster had good results but that is the only one I have heard of.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...completed.html

Last edited by BULLRAM; 03-30-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM
72combo
Champion

I seem to be the only one that I have heard has version 9.23, I contacted Harmon Becker they said it was probably a beta version or something. I bought my radio on Ebay. Anyway not a bug with this radio everything works flawless so far.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:34 AM
CaliAthlete
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm taking my truck in to the dealership later today cause my screen decided to sleep on me randomly, it just blanked off and wouldn't come back on till I shut off, locked, unlocked, and restarted the truck 2 or 3 times, then it popped back on like nothing happened. The whole time the screen was off though everything was still working fine, steering wheel controls, I could hear the radio, the stations and everything cycled through fine, uconnect phone was working...but the screen wouldn't come on. When it finally did, it looked dimmer than usual, and went completely back to normal after a little bit of driving around (noticed it visibly brighten up).

As for the lockout of nav and video in drive....yeah exactly what JohnKoz said. I don't want to have to pull over on the side of a freeway because my friend needs to punch in the address of a restaurant we're meeting someone at for dinner, or looking around for whatever random destination popped into our heads (random adventures cruising around lol). Simply because of that, I almost NEVER use my Navigation, I end up turning to my iPhone, giving it to whoever I'm riding with to punch in directions and tell me where to go. Likewise the DVD player pretty much never gets used, because when the hell are you going to sit in a parking lot watching a movie?

Old 03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

8.400 is the on that makes it DVD in motion
9.292 is the latest one I have in there now but there are newer versions.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:36 AM
kpevin
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 8.400 downgrade works for me, audio is fine, I also tried it on a friends REN in his 300 and it works fine for him as well. It doesnt work on the NAV radios at all.

Its easier just to do the lockpick/allgig, even though some have had issues with the lockpick on these.

Quick Reply: Media Center 730N parking override for DVD