4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My Blue Ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:23 PM
jason2922
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't know much about "sports", what gear ratio do they run and how are those 37's running with it?

Any rub issues?

awesome truck.
thx.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:22 PM
72combo
Champion

With the lift the 20s look perfect.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM
jake09
Professional

looks great...did you run 1/4" wheel spacers all the way around?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Busta1n2

what was the total cost on your Mopar lift? Truck looks great!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Cap10crch
Rookie

Originally Posted by jason2922
i don't know much about "sports", what gear ratio do they run and how are those 37's running with it?

Any rub issues?

awesome truck.
thx.
They come with a 3.55 and a 3.92 LSD option. I got the 3.92 Gears with mine. The 37's run great it still has plenty of power with the 5.7 Hemi. Raced a convertable sedan the other day with my wife in the front seat and 4 people crammed into the back seat. I just wanted to merge over after the light and the drunks in my back seat started talking crap to the guy about how we were going to race him and he started reving his engine so I let him have it. It was close but I got him. I was happy considering I'm running 37's and had 6 people in the truck.

No rub issues what-so-ever. Sometimes the new suspension will hit the plastic wheel well liner when I hit a speed bump but it's hardly noticeable. I could cut it more to prevent that but I want to keep as much mud and crap out of the engine compartment as possible.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Cap10crch
Rookie

Originally Posted by jake09
looks great...did you run 1/4" wheel spacers all the way around?
Yeah probably didn't need to in the back but since I'm obsessive compulsive about alot of things I wanted to keep it even all the way around. They were more precautionary than anything else since I hadn't seen the lift/wheel/tire combination in person so I wasn't 100% sure it would work without rubbing.

Looking at it now I think one could probably get away without the spacers depending on how inflated the tire is, but why not stay on the sure side of things and just use them and not have to worry?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Cap10crch
Rookie

Originally Posted by Busta1n2
what was the total cost on your Mopar lift? Truck looks great!
Found it online through ebay at a dealership in Arizona for $1,900 + $150 shipping. It was a promotional item that they never used, was still in its original box and just sitting in their storage room. They wanted to off-load it and I wanted to buy it, win-win.

Installation was $800 by my local Dodge dealership.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:42 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cap10crch
It's black, I heard the color ones can fade over time and the black goes with other parts of the truck. Plus I think black being a darker color will hide stains and other things that might end up in the bed of the truck (I'm a deer hunter). Hope the grille thing works out for you, seems like all the Sports are coming with chrome grilles now, which is terrible from a marketing standpoint, all of the advertisements for Sports show a body-matched grille, it even says it on the website. I wouldn't drive it off the lot until it's fixed.
I don't have the truck quite yet, but it was built and shipped and using the URL with my VIN to pull up the window sticker (http://www.dodge.com/hostc/windowSticker.do?vin=YOURVIN) it does show body color grille so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is correct.

I did specifically make the grille color a condition of ordering it so the dealer knows it is important to me. If it doesn't come with one they will make it right.

Rob

Last edited by BigBlueEdge; 05-25-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Cap10crch
Rookie

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
I don't have the truck quite yet, but it was built and shipped and using the URL with my VIN to pull up the window sticker (http://www.dodge.com/hostc/windowSticker.do?vin=YOURVIN) it does show body color grille so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is correct.

I did specifically make the grille color a condition of ordering it so the dealer knows it is important to me. If it doesn't come with one they will make it right.

Rob

You should be good then, my build sheet said bright chrome grille on it.... the sports look dumb with a chrome grille.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 PM
jake09
Professional

Yeah probably didn't need to in the back but since I'm obsessive compulsive about alot of things I wanted to keep it even all the way around. They were more precautionary than anything else since I hadn't seen the lift/wheel/tire combination in person so I wasn't 100% sure it would work without rubbing.
Thanks for reply...one more question. what spacers did you use bc im not sure on what kind to get??

Quick Reply: My Blue Ram