4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sirius radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
HoboHarry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called in to subscribe and they wanted the $145 and I told them I had an add for $77 and they made me pay one month at $16 and then gave me the discounted $77 for the year, but at that time they offered me a lifetime subscription that included 3 radio/vehicle changes for around $450 so I did that instead.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 PM
John Valdes
Veteran

Originally Posted by J_ram
HOWARD STERN IS LEAVING!!!! they wont renew his contract apparently
When did that news come out. I listen to Stern everyday and I have heard talk that Howard may not be interested in coming back, not the other way around.

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Big deal, you listen to him once and you've heard his entire act.
I guess you only listened once.

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM
More calls you bet, be warned. They won't take no for an answer. After repeated attempts to get them to quit calling my cell failed I had to file a complaint with the FTC. That finally did it. I would NEVER do buisness with them again, not even for free..
I never got one phone call. I had to call them to re-up.

Originally Posted by HoboHarry
I called in to subscribe and they wanted the $145 and I told them I had an add for $77 and they made me pay one month at $16 and then gave me the discounted $77 for the year, but at that time they offered me a lifetime subscription that included 3 radio/vehicle changes for around $450 so I did that instead.
I am not sure what I will do in Feb. But I can say $145 will be to much.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
JYD

Originally Posted by Orange crush
JYD, if you dont mind me asking what kind of deal did they give on the lifetime. When mine expired a couple of months back they kept calling and finally told me the lifetime was 399 plus royalties and all that jazz. Ended up coming to almost 500 after all the added fees. I tossed it around for 1 week and called them. I said I was interested in the lifetime. They now told me it was 499 plus fees and would be over 600 total. I raised a big stink asked for supervisors and even spoke with someone at sirius corp and they advised me the price did change and they would not be able to give me the cheaper price, or any kind of discount on the lifetime. Needless to say I no longer have sirius. Wouldnt mind having it back if they would just sell it for the price they quoted me.
To be totally honest I can't remember the exact price they told me but it was like $450 or something with all the taxes etc. I was just so excited at the fact that they wouldn't be calling me ever again to renew and I'm totally addicted to satellite radio that I'd be willing to pay $600. If you like satellite radio enough and you don't want to have to go through the hassle every year with them calling you I'd just do the lifetime subscription, saves a lot of trouble in the long run. That is...if you plan on keeping the truck for a while....!

Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Bobba Booey
Amateur

Originally Posted by J_ram
HOWARD STERN IS LEAVING!!!! they wont renew his contract apparently
Who's Howard Stern?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:56 AM
706jim
Veteran

Originally Posted by Bobba Booey
Who's Howard Stern?
Some guy who swears a lot.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Bobba Booey
Amateur

That's just distasteful.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
capsfloyd
Captain

he's the ugly one ...

Old 10-13-2010, 09:39 AM
seigell
Veteran

Between all the other media listening options in my REN-equipped RAM (MP3 on Harddrive, FM, iPod - I've found that Audio Books do great for road trips), I don't really miss Sat Radio. Except when I want NCAA or NFL Games on Sunday AM, then I miss out.
I'd probably pay $50/yr ($10/day) for Game Days, even if it were like a Pay-per-View arrangement where I sign-up for the Day via web/txt message then listen to games all day and then lose access after the last game. But otherwise, I don't want or need to pay $100's for "yet-another-unused-media-choice" in my truck.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Beartrack

I just started listening to Sirius for the first time in my new 2010 Power Wagon and despite having Dodge's top end stereo system, my main gripe is just how hollow and harsh Sirius sounds compared to FM, CD or even XM. As part of my career, I've had a chance to listen to XM and Sirius side by side and with XM using AAC plus and Sirius using PAC, I have to say even with their latest PAC-encoded changes a couple of months back, PAC is very unpleasant. Apparently, much to my surprise Dodge was aware of this too; when I check the Audio EQ settings from the factory, Dodge had tried to compensate for it by turning the bass to 9, the mids to 6 and the treble to (it was either 5 or 4, can't recall that one for sure.) I wish they either had put an XM system in, or at least on their stereos designed them so that you could save different EQ settings for the different inputs (FM, AM, Hard drive, Satellite Radio and IPod.) Since I listen to FM the most I set it up to a more normal (7 bass /5 mid / 7 treble) setting but boy does that make the Sat radio even worse than it was originally! Ugh.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 PM
SmittySLT
Rookie
Default Wont pay for radio!

My free year was just up. My bride loves the fact there's no (or hardly) commercials. I solved the problem by burning 300 MP2s of my favorite songs.
No commercials.
No fee.
No problem.
Oh...And no Stern!

Quick Reply: sirius radio