4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:04 AM
dodgeramlove
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Another Exhaust Question

I know there are fifty million exhaust posts on here but I couldn't find one on Cherry Bombs or Flowmaster Super Series 44. I am new to exhaust systems and really have no idea what to get. I want something really aggressive that won't get me pulled over evertime I start my truck. I've noticed that most people recommend the 50 series, but after reading up on it it sounds like it's not as loud as the other ones. I have a 2010 5.7L Hemi QC with stock dual exhaust. I've read that MDS will cause a whine but depending on who you ask depends on whether there's actually a whine or not. Thanks in advance for y'alls help.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

MDS just causes a change in exhaust note and a slight sound level change (lower). Some hate it, does not bother others. For me it does not bother me as it is only on during cruising, and at that time the exhaust is not that loud to begin with. The more agressive you go though the worse that will sound.

Check out youtube, many videos there. Just search for Dodge Ram and the excaust you are looking for.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:23 PM
lreice
Default Muffler

Had my Flowmaster 50 put on at the local Meineke. The owner told me he has a 50 as well, but he had a 40 before that and couldn't even hear his radio.

It will save gas, according to this guy.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:59 AM
aaront

I have the Borla and I couldn't be happier.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:45 PM
dodgeramlove
Talking

Thanks everyone. I ended up putting the Flowmaster 40 on. It's loud outside and stays deep even when I'm flooring it. I had someone else drive it down my street while I listened to it. Inside the truck it's really not that loud to me. I can still hear my radio, but I normally listen to loud music so that might have something to do with it. So far no complaints about MDS making it sound funny. I know having it on for a day and half probably doesn't count enough for most to make that decision but I put about 100 miles on him per day with a nice mix of bumper to bumper traffic and open highway.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 AM
parlay3000

I have Flowmaster 40 and I completely happy and surprised...nice sound and wont wake the neighborhood....

Old 10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Yea its yellow

Was the flowmaster just a bolt on? My local shop keeps pressuring me to go to a full system with new pipes and all, i just want to swap out the muffler.

Trending Topics

Old 10-14-2010, 06:26 PM
parlay3000

Originally Posted by Yea its yellow
Was the flowmaster just a bolt on? My local shop keeps pressuring me to go to a full system with new pipes and all, i just want to swap out the muffler.
It was a cat-back install...

Old 10-15-2010, 06:37 AM
lreice
Default Flopwmaster

I had the muffler and new pipes welded on due to rust, it was 160 bucks at Meineke (I already had the muffler)

Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 PM
dodgeramlove

I just had the muffler done since I already had dual exhaust from the factory. They welded the muffler on though. It was like $90 for the muffler and labor was additional. I'm really glad I just did the muffler because it's still pretty loud and everyone so far has loved the way it sounds.

Quick Reply: Another Exhaust Question