4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anybody use a Ravelco Antitheft device?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Gary C.
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody use a Ravelco Antitheft device?

As I sink more and more $$ into my truck (and with my office moving to the armpit of Albany after the first of the year) I've been looking at anti-theft devices and alarms. When I modded my TJ I had a Clifford alarm with dual zone proximity sensors installed, but I'm concentrating more on anti-theft than an alarm with the Ram.

The Revelco seems like a pretty good idea, and they claim to have never been defeated in 34 years. Has anyone had any experience with the system, or am I gonna be the guinea pig for the forum?

http://www.neverstolen.com/

Old 12-10-2010, 09:36 AM
odile
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have it in both my Dodge van and Pick up.
Van has had 2 attempts but no success for the thieves.
Pick up 1 attempt, no luck for them again.
Yes, it works!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:46 AM
JRI
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't heard of them but after looking at the web site and youtube I plan on calling them for more information.

Seems like it electronically disconnect various components when you remove the plug. My question is what is disconnected and what effect would it have on the use of the key fob to lock/unlock, remote start and the various automatic driver settings i.e. seat position, climate control, radio et al.

Seems like a fool proof system and I guess $500 is reasonable. Apparently they send the installer to your home.

Quick Reply: Anybody use a Ravelco Antitheft device?