4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Not happy with Mopar seat covers!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:37 AM
mlovelace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not happy with Mopar seat covers!

Hello, I am new to this forum and appreciate all the valuable information. I just recently (three weeks ago) purchased a new ram. The first thing I added was side steps to the truck and the second attempt was purchasing seat covers. I purchased mopars seat covers from leesparts.com and I am NOT happy with them. No matter how much you tighten up the straps on the bottom, they have a tendency to slide around and make it uncomfortable driving. I am also not happy that I have to pay a $35 restocking fee plus prepaid shipping back to them. All this being said, I am curious about other seat covers?

I try to hit the gym regularly, so I do a lot of sweating and wanted something to protect my seats from the sweat and smell. I have read several people like the neoprene seat covers from coverking and the wet okule seat covers. One thing I want to make sure about both is how they are designed. Does anyone have these? Are the tops and bottoms of the seats independent of each other? They were not on the mopar and that is one of the issues I have with them. I am seriously thinking about purchasing the coverking seat covers and wanted feedback. Does anyone have pictures of theirs? Thank you and Merry Christmas! Mike

Old 12-18-2010, 08:43 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about showering at the gym? Problem with any seat cover no matter how well it fits is that taking it off and washing it even once is going to make it fit poorly the 2nd time you install it.

To keep the lake funk off the seats after skiing, we just throw down a towel which is easy to wash.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:59 AM
mlovelace

Thanks for the advice....the gym I attend does not have a shower (small gym). To be honest with you, I have been using a sheet to keep the material protected. Does anyone know of a cheap set that fits descent at a local parts store like advance auto, o'reilly's, or autozone? I have the 40/20/40 seats and don't have to install the highest grade seat covers. I was just not happy to pay $200 for the ones I just purchased and not be functional.

Thank you for the response, Mike

Old 12-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Attono
Veteran

I bought a set for my 2010 Ram and loved them. Totalled the truck in Jun and am selling them for half of what you have to pay new. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170578937203

Last edited by Attono; 12-18-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:24 AM
mlovelace

Originally Posted by Attono
I bought a set for my 2010 Ram and loved them. Totalled the truck in Jun and am selling them for half of what you have to pay new. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170578937203
Thanks Attono.....they look very nice. I am not a big fan of red though and it would not go with my color scheme now. Thank you for the post! Did you like them and did you have issues with them fitting? Are the seats one piece?

Thank you again, Mike

Old 12-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Attono
Veteran

They fit perfectly and I was extremely happy with them. I would buy them again in a minute. When I bought my 2011 I worked pretty hard to try to find one with similar options just so I could reuse them. Unfortunately, the one I wound up with had brown interior and the seat covers would not have allowed the ventilated seats to work. I don't know, I might just put them in anyway... Yes, they are great seat covers, they don't slide and are great for wet/sweaty people. I have the same issues with being all sweaty after a good workout.

Quick Reply: Not happy with Mopar seat covers!