4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar hard folding tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Widespread
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar hard folding tonneau cover

Can anyone chime in on the Mopar tonneau cover and how sturdy it is and easy it is to install and use ? I would like to compare it to the BAK flip G1 or G2 covers.

http://www.mopar.com/ram/1500/2011

Thanks

Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
JohnVI
Veteran

I would look at the F1 BakFlip.

I have this cover and love it. I have done a LOT of investigating before I bought my F1 and came to the conclusion that this was the best fit for me. My daughter (5) can walk across the cover with no problems. I would not stand on it myself (6'6" @ 285lbs), but then again, my main question is, "whats your mission"

Hope this helps

Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 AM
ct1
Default mopar cover

I have the mopar cover and am very happy with it. It is rock solid yet light weight enough that you can easily remove it yourself and stick it in the back seat or garage. Easy to install and remove. I have never had any water inside unless you powerwash a little will get under the back seal. I no nothing about bak flip so I cannot comment if it is better but also cannot imagine it being a whole lot different.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:29 PM
JRI
Professional

BakFlip F-1 gets my vote. I like it better than the MoPar because it fits flush with the bed rails not on top of them. Can't say which is stronger but the BakFlip meets my needs. I also like the fact that there is no exterior exposed hardware.
Name:  BAKFlipF-1.jpg
Views: 4086
Size:  150.8 KB

Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor
Default BakFlip MOPAR tonneau cover

Originally Posted by JRI
BakFlip F-1 gets my vote. I like it better than the MoPar because it fits flush with the bed rails not on top of them. Can't say which is stronger but the BakFlip meets my needs. I also like the fact that there is no exterior exposed hardware.
Hello all, this is Julian Maimin (CEO of BAK INDUSTRIES). I thought you may be interested to know that BAK Industries has just been asked by MOPAR to develop a new tonneau cover for them for two projects they are working on. This just happened on December 27, 2010. It would seem that even MOPAR has come to conclude that we produce the best tonneau covers on the market anywhere!
We have already received Ford's endorsement and are producing all their hard folding covers for 2011 in the USA and Canada.

I'd say that if you're considering the BakFlip F1, you're looking at a tonneau cover that's as good as it gets. The F1 is truly a fantastic unit!

Old 01-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Widespread
Default BakFlip question

Julian,

I am curious about the fade resistance of F1 and G2. I drove a 07 Avalanche for 4 years and the covers needed to be repainted which is no fun. I live in the southeast US and have many sun baked days. Do you have any idea how
fade resistant the Bakflips are?

Old 01-03-2011, 12:51 AM
mbchie01

mopar cover,
I have a mopar hard cover on my 08 ram ,it works great have had no water get in my bed.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM
JohnVI
Veteran

Originally Posted by jmaimin
Hello all, this is Julian Maimin (CEO of BAK INDUSTRIES). I thought you may be interested to know that BAK Industries has just been asked by MOPAR to develop a new tonneau cover for them for two projects they are working on. This just happened on December 27, 2010. It would seem that even MOPAR has come to conclude that we produce the best tonneau covers on the market anywhere!
We have already received Ford's endorsement and are producing all their hard folding covers for 2011 in the USA and Canada.

I'd say that if you're considering the BakFlip F1, you're looking at a tonneau cover that's as good as it gets. The F1 is truly a fantastic unit!
You guys need to respond to email though...sent an email to tech support about two weeks ago, have had zero response...oddly enough it on a small water leak issue..

Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Widespread
Julian,

I am curious about the fade resistance of F1 and G2. I drove a 07 Avalanche for 4 years and the covers needed to be repainted which is no fun. I live in the southeast US and have many sun baked days. Do you have any idea how
fade resistant the Bakflips are?
Great Question!

The good news is that the BakFlip F1 has an impregnated carbon stabilizer and is completely UV protected. So too is the BakFlip G2.

We actually make a replacement tonneau cover for the Avalanche which is far superior to that "crappy" part that was available through GM. That was really a very poor application that came with the Avalanche, from function and practicality, all the way down to the materials used.

I can say with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that this will not happen with a BakFlip cover.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:38 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JohnVI
You guys need to respond to email though...sent an email to tech support about two weeks ago, have had zero response...oddly enough it on a small water leak issue..
I'm not sure where the email was sent, however any such issue should be addressed to lauren@bakliner.com and it will undoubtedly be handled swiftly and professionally. Can you verify where you sent the email?

We have close to 200 folks over here and sometimes, depending on where the mail was sent, it can slip through the cracks. If ever this happens, just let me know. I'd say that any email that goes unanswered for more than a day either didn't get to us or was addressed to the incorrect person or department.

It's a top priority for us to handle every issue swiftly and with a view to achieving proper and positive results.

Julian

Quick Reply: Mopar hard folding tonneau cover