4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Canoe

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 PM
roberttheall
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigred3297

Has attachments for a canoe as well. Check out Thules website, its the 422XT

None of these racks would work with a bed cover though
Looks good.

Last edited by roberttheall; 03-27-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 PM
bleuet

The 422xt looks great on the truck. Can it be mounted on the rambox railing or on top of the box?
I found this Rhino Rack. http://www.rhinorack.com/Vehicle_DOD...1500_4706.aspx. Has anyone tried it yet? Note. I pull a travel trailer. I cannot use the hitch.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Gary C. @work

Originally Posted by roberttheall
LOL...OMG...Wow you sure got your panties twisted up over that one. Sorry I did not realize you are still in high school. He has a crew cab, meaning he has about a 5.5 foot bed. The canoe is 16 feet long, so even after the tailgate is down, he will have more canoe hanging out the back of the truck than in the bed. But your right.. Forest Gump said it best, "stupid is as stupid does" LOL, go back to mamby pamby land ya jack wagon...lol..just kidding, don't get too emotional over a post on a truck forum dude.
Hardly. Ignorant jerks like you who denigrate (look that word up son) the ideas of others just need to be put in their place occasionally. Your original response
Yeah maybe, but then you would have a big *** canoe hanging 10 feet out the back of your truck.
added nothing to the discussion since pretty much everybody (but you apparently) realizes that the majority of the canoe or whatever you're hauling is outside the bed. Many people use the bed extender with good results, and I was just offering an opinion... you're the one who felt the need to scoff at it. Didn't your momma ever teach you "If you have nothing nice to say..."? Mine did, which is why I didn't comment on your truck pictures...

Oh yea, I almost forgot - LOL, go back to mamby pamby land ya jack wagon...lol..just kidding, don't get too emotional over a post on a truck forum dude.

Last edited by Gary C. @work; 03-28-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 AM
spoon
Professional

I also have a CC with Rambox and ended up with a Yakima roofrack. No problem with my 16fter, just make sure you tie down both ends..

Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 PM
roberttheall
Professional
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gary C. @work
Hardly. Ignorant jerks like you who denigrate (look that word up son) the ideas of others just need to be put in their place occasionally. Your original response added nothing to the discussion since pretty much everybody (but you apparently) realizes that the majority of the canoe or whatever you're hauling is outside the bed. Many people use the bed extender with good results, and I was just offering an opinion... you're the one who felt the need to scoff at it. Didn't your momma ever teach you "If you have nothing nice to say..."? Mine did, which is why I didn't comment on your truck pictures...

Oh yea, I almost forgot - LOL, go back to mamby pamby land ya jack wagon...lol..just kidding, don't get too emotional over a post on a truck forum dude.
Ok ...Thanks Gary

Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 AM
DavidHasADodge

I use the extend-a-truck brand to have mine hanging out the back. The boat slips under the tonneau cover and is easy to secure.

Yes, there is something hanging out the back but some pros to consider:

1) Most important for me, my boat is 80 pounds and it's easier to slide into the bed than lift on top (my older truck had a shell, and it was pain to put it on top and secure it by myself)

2) The boat is better protected against bugs, etc sticking to the hull when going long distances.

3) As others have said, it's easy to take off when not in use.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:17 PM
roberttheall
Professional
Thumbs up extend-a-truck opition

Originally Posted by DavidHasADodge
I use the extend-a-truck brand to have mine hanging out the back. The boat slips under the tonneau cover and is easy to secure.

Yes, there is something hanging out the back but some pros to consider:

1) Most important for me, my boat is 80 pounds and it's easier to slide into the bed than lift on top (my older truck had a shell, and it was pain to put it on top and secure it by myself)

2) The boat is better protected against bugs, etc sticking to the hull when going long distances.

3) As others have said, it's easy to take off when not in use.
In all honesty, having a tonneau, the extend-a-truck opition is the best way to go. however, I do think the it would be a much better option with a full size bed than with the short bed that the crew cab has. If not for the tonneau I would still place the canoe up higher .. just my opinion.. but ya can't argue with what ever works for an affordable price
I was mostly giving that Gary C guy a hard time..funny how sensitive some get on these forums.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not the greatest picture but this is a Vantech rack (like a trac rac but cheaper) on my crewcab and the bak-flip clears it when it is possitioned correctly. Holds 2 good sized kayaks with no problem.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:40 PM
bleuet
Default Canoe rack for the rambox

Here it is. I used it to go to Waskesue, last summer.
Canoe-dsc00478.jpg

Old 11-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Truckerman
Rookie

@bleuet love that grill insert.

Quick Reply: Canoe