4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Burning Music to Hard Drive From USB Device- 730N

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011 | 10:52 AM
frogslinger
Captain

Originally Posted by Nate769
Oh and I do believe your hard drive has to be formatted in FAT format not NTSC...Most HUs dont recognize NTSC, but these new ones might be different. I know they read FAT so before you spend all that time transferring it might just be easier to format it just in case it doesnt.
NTSC is a television screen size standard and has nothing to do with audio files. You are thinking NTFS.

Old 08-23-2011 | 01:22 AM
Nate769
All Star

Originally Posted by frogslinger
NTSC is a television screen size standard and has nothing to do with audio files. You are thinking NTFS.
YES YES...my native dyslexia is kicking in They both start with NT...and I was working with xbox stuff at the time HAHA....

This might be a little off topic but has anyone tried an exFAT drive? Ive heard rumors about increased allocation speeds but im not going to pull 90GB of music off my drive to try it! Just curious if these drives will pick that up. Might be the way to go, as far as transferring to the HDD...

Quick Reply: Burning Music to Hard Drive From USB Device- 730N