4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:57 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

UConnect module install

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a different note, I will add that not only has Apple caused some issues with their updates but some of the Android updates have also started to add problems. Some have had their systems working fine with an Android version and now have updated their phones to a new version and are experiencing issues.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Newest Android update on my Sprint HTC Evo and no issues

Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xsdbs
On a different note, I will add that not only has Apple caused some issues with their updates but some of the Android updates have also started to add problems. Some have had their systems working fine with an Android version and now have updated their phones to a new version and are experiencing issues.
I will have to keep a close look on that, Seeing as how I have one of the newest androids out I might not see an update for a month or two, but its something to keep in mind! I think sometimes you have to re-pair the phone after an update, but I dont think i have heard anyone have any issues...EXCEPT with I-phone!

Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Is that the 2.3.3 Android? I tested that version for HTC when the EVO, Shift and a few others were having problems with the PB download and had Android 2.2 in them.
I have another person with the HTC Desire that had the 2.2 in it and was working great, he did the 2.3 update and now is having problems with the Google Sync. HTC is now working on that issue. HTC Merge won't download Active Sync and causes the phone not to connect after pairing, I just tested the 2.3.4 and it works great.
Samsung Captivate with Android 2.1 worked fine and with the Android 2.2 update now the phonebook does not download and the Samsung Transform worked great with 2.1 in it and now does not connect at all with 2.2. Samsung has 2.3.3 coming soon. As of now I have not been able to get a version of this to test.
I personally won''t do an update for about a month after it's release just to see if anyone has problems.

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Newest Android update on my Sprint HTC Evo and no issues

Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Nate769
All Star

Is that the 2.3.3 Android? I tested that version for HTC when the EVO, Shift and a few others were having problems with the PB download and had Android 2.2 in them.
I have another person with the HTC Desire that had the 2.2 in it and was working great, he did the 2.3 update and now is having problems with the Google Sync. HTC is now working on that issue. HTC Merge won't download Active Sync and causes the phone not to connect after pairing, I just tested the 2.3.4 and it works great.
Samsung Captivate with Android 2.1 worked fine and with the Android 2.2 update now the phonebook does not download and the Samsung Transform worked great with 2.1 in it and now does not connect at all with 2.2. Samsung has 2.3.3 coming soon. As of now I have not been able to get a version of this to test.
I personally won''t do an update for about a month after it's release just to see if anyone has problems.
It sure is...I don't have any issues with my uconnect, My truck tho only has 4000kms on it and fairly new so I don't know if it has a new firmware that makes it work, but I have no problems.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup mine is the 2.3.3 Software on the HTC Evo

Old 09-07-2011, 02:30 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Yeah the 2.3.3 works nicely. The 2.2 had issues with the PB downloading.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:16 AM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both my wifes Samsung with Android 2.2 and my HTC Desire have 2.2 and they download the phonebook. Both whichever is first set up on the radio or whichever you have if you are alone with whichever, just takes a few seconds when you first start up.
Another thing all that work to locate the mic where they say is not necessary just since you have the front panel off you can remove either the RAM sign on it and file a corner just a bit hardly noticeable if at all. Then run the wire thru that spot and you can just stick the mic on the faceplate it's black so is the faceplate unless you have woodgrain but still it it not in the way and it works better, the passenger can talk to and it's close enough where they can talk normally. It looks like a bug when you put that black cockroach on the beige trim. On the black it's not noticeable and you save a ton of time and take less stuff off, less future rattles. Don't have a pic, had one but seems to have eluded me, I will have to get another.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
xsdbs
Captain

WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN::::: if you have an ipod or iphone,
please do not do the 4.3.5 update till i can test it. I have just been told by another person that I had helped out with the Uconnect update that there is a new problem with this update. I will be testing it and let you know more soon.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:54 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

Huh? Can you speak up?

Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Nate769
All Star

WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN::::: if you have an ipod or iphone,
please do not do the 4.3.5 update till i can test it. I have just been told by another person that I had helped out with the Uconnect update that there is a new problem with this update. I will be testing it and let you know more soon.
Yes you could just save the trouble and switch to android...HAHA

Quick Reply: UConnect module install