4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

6" RCX honest thoughts..other questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:29 PM
j birdfx4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6" RCX honest thoughts..other questions?

Okay guys, looking to lift my wife's 09 ram CC. She wants the most she can get 6" suspension, Bilsteins at 2.8, and 3" body lift. We are looking at the RCX lift but want to know REAL cons of the lift and thoughts. She loves the new Fabtech but 3k is pretty high and its a new lift.

Contemplated the BDS, and Procomp stage 1, but just dont know, and with RCX being 300 bucks cheaper it makes you wonder. I know you get what you pay for but understand this truck will be a pavement princess!!

1. Anyone have anything to say about the RCX warranty?

2. I am also curious about how the Bilstein setup works with the lift. Do you just order the adjustable ones and they fit with the 6" lift? Also what valving is preferred. She wants a smooth ride like stock or better, paramount.

3. For the rear was gonna do the Bilstein 7100 reservoir shocks, but what size travel will work with the extra 2.8 from Bilstein? 12" or 14"??

4. Are spacers really necessary for this kit with the height she is trying to achieve... plan on running SS SSR 37x12.50x20?

5. Lastly, this Kicker Bar Kit? Is that something to look at getting, again pavement princess.

Sorry for the long post and the questions, but we are stationed in Guam and not many answers out here!! Please keep the answers honest and not criticize.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:49 PM
j birdfx4

Wow 55 views and no responses, come on guys a little help would be appreciated as I am standing by for feedback before pulling the trigger on the order.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Rayne
Amateur

I'd try and post this in the other Ram forums, they have a much more active user base.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 PM
AlterEgoCustoms
Default Rcx?

Well I have been using Rough Country for many years now. I am also a firm believer in the "you get what you pay for" game, however I have had nothing but good things to say about rough country and their products. Rough country deals in high volume numbers and that also has an affect on price, so please dont judge their products based upon the bottom line on the invoice.
I would also like to comment on your shock options. When it comes to shocks their is every option available under the sun from companies that build race shocks to the off the shelf names like monroe that have been around for years.
Now when you choose a shock......NOW THAT IS A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME!!!! You GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. In my experience with all the shock companies that I have used over the years, spend the money on the shocks to get the ride you want to achieve. I hope this thread is still alive and kickin.....

Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j birdfx4
Okay guys, looking to lift my wife's 09 ram CC. She wants the most she can get 6" suspension, Bilsteins at 2.8, and 3" body lift. We are looking at the RCX lift but want to know REAL cons of the lift and thoughts. She loves the new Fabtech but 3k is pretty high and its a new lift.

Contemplated the BDS, and Procomp stage 1, but just dont know, and with RCX being 300 bucks cheaper it makes you wonder. I know you get what you pay for but understand this truck will be a pavement princess!!

1. Anyone have anything to say about the RCX warranty?

2. I am also curious about how the Bilstein setup works with the lift. Do you just order the adjustable ones and they fit with the 6" lift? Also what valving is preferred. She wants a smooth ride like stock or better, paramount.

3. For the rear was gonna do the Bilstein 7100 reservoir shocks, but what size travel will work with the extra 2.8 from Bilstein? 12" or 14"??

4. Are spacers really necessary for this kit with the height she is trying to achieve... plan on running SS SSR 37x12.50x20?

5. Lastly, this Kicker Bar Kit? Is that something to look at getting, again pavement princess.

Sorry for the long post and the questions, but we are stationed in Guam and not many answers out here!! Please keep the answers honest and not criticize.

It's because this was posted in the General Section and not the Tech section. I'll move it over

As far as your questions, I've got the BDS kit with the provided shocks and it rides just like stock. The only difference you can tell is in the ride of the tires. You shouldnt need to replace your shocks, you dont need spacers if you get the correct aftermarket wheels, and you dont need the bar kit.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
MattsMountain
Professional

I just had a 4" lift put on and 35's on stock 20's. Clearly it's not as big as you're gonna go, but I haven't had any real problems with my lift so far (only 4k miles). I put on some much wider tires, had to do 1/4" spacers in the front and I'm going back for 1/4" spacers in the rear - have some slight rubbing of the rear tires in the fender well. Nothing major, but an easy fix. I'd like to see pics when you're done!

Quick Reply: 6" RCX honest thoughts..other questions?