4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

anyone elses hemi burn through oil?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdram43
LU, you have to be VERY specific on this forum, the guys, well I should say ladies, on here, all happen to be on their time of the month, every day, so they can be quiiiitttttteeee touchy. Infact, I think you and the mods should be the only ones able to answer serious tech questions. everyone else thinks because they have a tool set they got at sears on discount, they are a qualified mechanic. Hey now! I did my oil change last weekend and own a truck! I am an official mans man! hahahaha, take it all with a grain of a salt, and if anything, ____ em! let em sit and wonder, rather than help em
So this is the kind of post that you think is helpful?

Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea its beyond helpful. as a man with 40+ years who is obviously beyond the title of a professional in the automotive field, that comment is helpful in letting him know that

I as the starter of this thread, am very grateful for his input, and I am not grateful for you and the other guys stupid BS on mixing oil, go debate tampons vs pads somewhere else.

Its also helpful in letting him know that there are a few people on here who are serious about being on here, where as others are just on here to spread their cheeks and crap all over the forum.

there are people on this forum you should respect, I am not one of them. I am just an avid truck/car/motorcycle enthusiast with auto classes under my belt, and hours of wrenching.

However people like Lu with 40 years, and Hammer who has been contributing to this thread and almost any other thread on here, are people you should respect, take seriously, and be grateful for their input.

Your $h!t about mixing oils, is just plain ____ing stupid. get the hell out of here with that crap. you people remind me of the people that live around me. being so close to DC everyone thinks they are some almighty knowledgeable ***** who knows exactly whats going on with the country and every other thing on Gods beautiful Earth, and exactly how to solve everything. Just plain stupid. the funny thing too, they HATE trucks. Go sit at starbucks with them and chat up mixing oil, and all the other ridiculous crap. If i wanted to hear $h!t, I'd pull up a stool in any restaurant.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdram43
yea its beyond helpful. as a man with 40+ years who is obviously beyond the title of a professional in the automotive field, that comment is helpful in letting him know that

I as the starter of this thread, am very grateful for his input, and I am not grateful for you and the other guys stupid BS on mixing oil, go debate tampons vs pads somewhere else.

Its also helpful in letting him know that there are a few people on here who are serious about being on here, where as others are just on here to spread their cheeks and crap all over the forum.

there are people on this forum you should respect, I am not one of them. I am just an avid truck/car/motorcycle enthusiast with auto classes under my belt, and hours of wrenching.

However people like Lu with 40 years, and Hammer who has been contributing to this thread and almost any other thread on here, are people you should respect, take seriously, and be grateful for their input.

Your $h!t about mixing oils, is just plain ____ing stupid. get the hell out of here with that crap. you people remind me of the people that live around me. being so close to DC everyone thinks they are some almighty knowledgeable ***** who knows exactly whats going on with the country and every other thing on Gods beautiful Earth, and exactly how to solve everything. Just plain stupid. the funny thing too, they HATE trucks. Go sit at starbucks with them and chat up mixing oil, and all the other ridiculous crap. If i wanted to hear $h!t, I'd pull up a stool in any restaurant.
The irony here is that you are the one with the truck using oil, I mix mine and my truck does not use any, go figure.

So let's see, you hate me, hate anyone that has an opinion that differs from yours, hate this forum, hate most of DC, hate people that go to starbucks, and who knows who else.

I feel sorry for you, you must have an awful life to be this angry.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:56 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pedro, get the hell off this thread. theres you and a few guys on here, that go from thread to thread, throwing your 2 cents in every thread, just to screw things up. and you know what, thats real cute and all. but its NOT HELPFUL. this section, the technical section, is a HELP SECTION. now the "general section" clearly says "anything goes". but man, get the hell out of here with your bull$h!t. mix your oil, do what ever the ___k you want man, but get the hell away from me and this thread that I started.

I guess from now on, I will private message, hammer, Lu, and other guys who have thrown positive info into threads I have posted over the years. I dont know who the hell you are, but you've got a whopping 300 posts, and I dont recognize your name at all.

MIXING OIL!!!!!!!!!! MIXING ____ING OIL??????????? thats what you have to contribute to this thread?????????????

get the hell out of here. You are the reason I am angry

as for starbucks, I dont hate it, but if your dumb enough to pay $6 a cup, every morning, if not 2 or three times a day, your an idiot.$6 a day, 30 a week, 120 a month, 1440 dollars a year wasted on a daily coffee all for the sake of brand name.

where am I going with that, I DONT LIKE STUPID PEOPLE. you are a stupid person if, taking a serious thread, where someone is asking for serious help, and all you have to contribute is,

"I mix oil"
that is a STUPID comment. It is not smart, it is in no way helpful, it is in no way beneficial, therefor it is stupid.

good for your man, seriously, good for you. I have plenty of old oil bottles out in my garage, different brands, different weights, and you know what, you can have em! you can mix em in your truck, sit in your tub and pour em on yourself, and no that you did in fact get my angry. congratulations. but you know what, at the end of the day, the oil bottles are from me to you, because I made a huge investment in my truck, and dont want to screw up that investment, the performance, or anything else that could possibly go wrong on that investment, over doing something as simple, and simply avoidable as mixing oils.

in fact, thats why I posted this thread, was for concern of my investment.

and as for your other butt buddy, the elephants shirt, and what not... I dont even know where to start with that, other than I've seen you spreading your cheeks and scatting all over thread after thread.

so can you guys just shove it already. PM me if you want to keep spreading pure $h!t, but otherwise,

____ OFF

this is a forum, of dodge enthusiasts. enthusiast stems from enthusiasm. last time I checked, enthusiasm was a positive word. and being a dodge enthusiasts, you would have serious interest into dodge, and more than likely a passion for dodges. usually when people of the same interests, especially people with such high interests, to be labeled enthusiasts, bond very well with, to the point that you could be instant friends, and might even throw the label of "brotherhood" on top of. So with all that, why would a bunch of dodge ram "enthusiasts" enter a thread where someone is asking for help, other enthusiasts are giving good insightful feedback, and you "enthusiasts" decide to throw you 2 cents (not beneficial or insightful, or even knowledgeable) thus turning the thread from beneficial to counterproductive nonsense, all for the sake of arguing.

and you know what bothers me even more, I might be on the same level as stupid as your comment in thinking this;

But I always thought, that being a truck forum, it would be a bunch of guys that are either blue collared, hunters/outdoorsman, or something else that would REQUIRE a truck. All of which produce this type of character, morality, that I think only us within that circle may understand. Might sound cheesey, but Irwin has a current running vice grip commercial, that is exactly what I am talking about. Its this circle, that has us coming together on forums such as this to talk trucks, to help one another, to shoot the ish.

But when thread after thread is just poisioned, I wonder what the hell is going on. and I step outside of that, and I realise,

O yea, America has gone to hell. Congress cant pass a single thing to help us American citizens, because why... THEY JUST WANT TO ARGUE. they want to label it black and white. republican, democrat. and rather than help the citizens who elected them, they would rather just sit there and argue, and blame one another. But if they just stopped for a moment, realised, hey were not getting anywhere, were not doing what we were brought here to really do. If they could do that and say lets solve this, lets help our fellow Americans, things would be alot better for everyone, including themselves. So when our elected leaders are acting like children, how could I expect any better then people on an internet forum, hidden behind a username, sitting hundreds and thousands of miles away from my face.

hey dodgeforum, lets not argue for the sake of arguing, lets help our fellow enthusiasts. Anytime I post to a thread, I throw in something positive, and if its negative, its still for the good of that subject.

Last edited by mdram43; 12-08-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well said MDRAM43 and MOST of us likely agree with you, enough is enough.

If people cant contribute to mdram43`s post without being azzholes, then go find some other forum to pizz an moan on. I myself AND HammerZ71 have tried to help out mdram43 and some of you just wanna be immature and try to intimidate. He is trying to learn something in here, and a couple of you people just pizz all over everything he says, and then wonder why he fires back at you, then you idiots copy back with smart azz remarks, VERY unprofessional i might add. I`ve most likely said some things out of line in here myself too, but it didnt go unprovoked.

Pedrodog you need to just shut it down, you obviously dont know when to back off. All you`re doing on here is just adding fuel to the fire. You have not contributed one single good thing to the post except **** people off with your childish immature ways. If you come back in here and make any more off color comments at me again, i`ll see what i can do to get you banned from this forum. If you dont have anything nice to say to people when they post, then DONT POST your childish comment(s). Some things are just better off left unsaid. Its VERY obvious that you like to start fights by adding fuel to the fire.

I am going to back out of this post for awhile, its just gotten out of control with immaturity.

Yo, MDRAM43, thank you for your comments, it was very kind of you. If i can be a further assistance, just PM me.

Take care (LU229)

Quick Reply: anyone elses hemi burn through oil?