4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fog Lights on with High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
tobyjohnson11
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights on with High Beams

I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

My buddy has a 2010 2500 Cumming with an H&S Black Maxx Tune on it. Within the tuner her can turn on a option to allow his fogs lights to work with the high beams. On the H&S website it says

"Fog Lights W/High: Enable / Disable the fog lights staying on when high beams are being used."

I called H&S and of course they don’t have anything that can make a hemi do this. But since they figured out a way to make it work, I know it can be done. Anyone have any other suggestions on a company that could get into the ECU and turn this feature on for us?

Old 12-02-2011, 01:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I know a 3rd Gen owner with an '07 asked Superchips about it some time ago and was told that although it would be an easy thing for the programmers to do they could not, do to legality issues. I think I remember about that same time someone responded in the thread that their Bully Dog would do it on a gasser...

Old 12-02-2011, 01:15 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought bright box for other pickups.. Not sure if they are out for the new ones yet.

genosgarage.com

Old 12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Darek117
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I know a 3rd Gen owner with an '07 asked Superchips about it some time ago and was told that although it would be an easy thing for the programmers to do they could not, do to legality issues. I think I remember about that same time someone responded in the thread that their Bully Dog would do it on a gasser...
I remember a guy said it could be done with the Bully Dog Triple GT on a 4th gen but idk about the others.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darek117
I remember a guy said it could be done with the Bully Dog Triple GT on a 4th gen but idk about the others.
Probably was me!

I could do it with my bullydog GT on my 07. By *******ly going and changing the vehicles the option is still available on the 09 hemis, but as soon as I go over to 2010 the option goes away.
The options that I have for the 09 are : optical chirp horn on lock, horn chirp on lock, auto door lock settings, unlock driver door settings, seatbelt minder, and traction control enabled or disabled, horn chirp on lock, FOG LIGHTS W/HIGH, daytime lights, and the headlamp delay and accessory delay.

Options for the 2010:accesory delay, headlamp delay, horn chirp on lock optical chirp on lock, auto door lock, unlock driver door, and traction control.

Of course none for the 2011 as of yet because its not supported.

Frankly im not impressed right now, because all the options have been lost that I really bought the tuner for. Unless dodge is working on getting the options to us, I really don't see the point in staying with them. Most of the other options are all available from the EVIC. I'm glad I checked this out and actually looked. But apparantly they have different tunes for 09 and 10. I thought it was an 09-10 so all the option would be there. But they have to seperate ones. So i guess for anyone looking into it, it might not be worth it to go bullydog anymore. I might just sell this one and go diablo.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:47 PM
72combo
Champion

Just curious are you doing this in the fog because you might as well put a cement wall in front of your truck. I believe it is illegal in some places to do this also.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:52 AM
tobyjohnson11
Rookie

Originally Posted by 72combo
Just curious are you doing this in the fog because you might as well put a cement wall in front of your truck. I believe it is illegal in some places to do this also.

I dont really know what you mean. I would like it because it would be freaking bright and nice to be able to use all of your lights at the same time.

Yea it prolly is illegal but so is bright lighting people. The idea is to have really bright lights when you need them (Alone at night on back road) If you bright light a cop you should get a ticket.......

Old 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
tobyjohnson11
Rookie

I talked to my electric tech at the dealership about trying to make it work with his scan tools. He said he had never done it, but if it was avaiable he would turn it on for me. I think someone called it a euro flash????? If I could get it this way that would be awesome.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:12 AM
ewb
Rookie

On the gen 3 all you had to do was run a jumper wire on the rely for the lights. I know for sure because i did it on mine and it worked fine. I bet you can do it on the gen4 too. Do a search on the gen 3 board and i bet it the same.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ewb
On the gen 3 all you had to do was run a jumper wire on the rely for the lights. I know for sure because i did it on mine and it worked fine. I bet you can do it on the gen4 too. Do a search on the gen 3 board and i bet it the same.
You can do it on a non-TIPM 3rd Gen. Once they went TIPM - forget it...

Quick Reply: Fog Lights on with High Beams