4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fog Lights on with High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

another possible alternative: splice in a relay on the hot line to the fog lights so that one position is the factory controls and the other position opens up the line from the factory and routes it to 12 VDC from the battery. This way you can have both worlds, the only thing is that you need to wire a switch into the truck. Not as clean as a reprogram but if you gotta have it, it works. I've done this sort of thing many times in the past. Proceed at your own risk. I've used variations of this setup for anti theft purposes, disabling fuel pumps, etc. Now, I can't tell you if the will throw a code if you disconnect the fog lamps from the driver circuit but this is easy to find out by disconnecting one and seeing what happens.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights on with High Beams