4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Dodge Ram 1500 Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Parking sensor trouble...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:35 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

It doesn't look like there are any TSB's related to this concern, Brian, but it's good to hear that it doesn't seem to be causing any permanent damage for you.

If it continues longer than usual for you, I would recommend having a dealership check it out for you. I'd be happy to help schedule an appointment for you if you reach out to me on here.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:06 PM
resq302
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. The truck did the same thing again today and when I backed up the first time, the parking assist was off under its own doing. I had to pull forward and back up again and this time the parking assist worked like it should without shorting out. I am going to look under the truck tomorrow and see if there might be any moisture in or around the connections for the sensors.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:53 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't remember exactly what the parking sensor connectors look like but you could consider putting some dielectric grease into them to keep water out.

Rob

Old 01-26-2016, 09:44 PM
1OF27
Rookie

Upon delivery of my last 3 vehicles, RAM, Chrysler T&C and Dodge Dart I made it a point to pull apart all of the sensor connections at the rear bumpers and stick a nice little blob of dielectric grease in each connection and then reassemble. Had two fails on the wife's T&C awhile back. Have had no failures on the 3 new vehicles. Cheap insurance.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:47 AM
resq302

Thanks for mentioning the di-electric grease. I use that whenever I replace a bulb or any external electrical connection on my 1969 Dodge Charger. I was planning on unplugging the connection for the sensors and checking it out to see if there was moisture in there or not. Either way, the plan was to put some grease in there to help prevent any moisture or other elements from getting into the connections. I just have to find some extra time to get it done. Maybe today while I'm waiting for my daughter to get off the school bus.

Old 11-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Aaron Gilliam
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I know this is an old post.... but this may help others

There recently had been a new tool out that will help a ton of people with Chrysler based vehicles. You’ll need an OBDLink MX Bluetooth or WiFi module and either a windows pc or a android tablet. Buy AlfaOBD and you can disable the parktronics, upgrade, whatever you need to do. You can also check the fault codes and see if the parktronics is not communicating with the TIPM or the BCM.

I uave used this on my 2012 ram and added a lot of features to my truck that it never had. There’s a huge forum on it as well on ********.com.

Worth a shot since most OBDII and can scanners won’t let you see fault codes other than engine, ABS/SRS airbag.

This tool can allow tou to connect to other parts like your instrument cluster, radio, door modules, bcm, TIPM, airbag, antilock brake, and more. I love this tool and the developer is amazing. He responds quickly with any issues and works with you to figure out stuff. I recently helped him discover a bunch of bugs for the 2009-2012 ram non-powernet based vehicles.

My trucknis a 2012 ram express model but was set for police/special service. It had some features but not like the bighorn and laramies. I’ve added a ton and love this truck. Wouldn’t trade it for s newer truck. Unless it was a 16 rebel. Or about that year. I hate the 2019 body.

Added TPMS premium without the driver front module on frame. Dunno what it’s for but I added it later and worked the same.

Added navi to the truck

Added compass and TPMS.

Added ITBCM to show on evic. Before wouldn’t show in cluster just the trailer brake module.

Added power inverter

Enabling power inverter

Charging drill battery! I love AlfaOBD and obdlink mx

Old 11-25-2018, 06:19 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Gilliam
There recently had been a new tool out that will help a ton of people with Chrysler based vehicles. You’ll need an OBDLink MX Bluetooth or WiFi module and either a windows pc or a android tablet. Buy AlfaOBD and you can disable the parktronics, upgrade, whatever you need to do. You can also check the fault codes and see if the parktronics is not communicating with the TIPM or the BCM.

I uave used this on my 2012 ram and added a lot of features to my truck that it never had. There’s a huge forum on it as well on ********.com.

Worth a shot since most OBDII and can scanners won’t let you see fault codes other than engine, ABS/SRS airbag.

This tool can allow tou to connect to other parts like your instrument cluster, radio, door modules, bcm, TIPM, airbag, antilock brake, and more. I love this tool and the developer is amazing. He responds quickly with any issues and works with you to figure out stuff. I recently helped him discover a bunch of bugs for the 2009-2012 ram non-powernet based vehicles.

My trucknis a 2012 ram express model but was set for police/special service. It had some features but not like the bighorn and laramies. I’ve added a ton and love this truck. Wouldn’t trade it for s newer truck. Unless it was a 16 rebel. Or about that year. I hate the 2019 body.

Added TPMS premium without the driver front module on frame. Dunno what it’s for but I added it later and worked the same.

Added navi to the truck

Added compass and TPMS.

Added ITBCM to show on evic. Before wouldn’t show in cluster just the trailer brake module.

Added power inverter

Enabling power inverter

Charging drill battery! I love AlfaOBD and obdlink mx
Where is the forum located? I wonder if this will replace my Chrysler tools

Old 11-25-2018, 07:13 PM
WESIDE
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Subscribed.
I want more info as well.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:18 PM
little2scoot

Originally Posted by Jocce
I can't go to the dealer since we do not have any Ram Dealers here in Sweden, my Ram is imported since they don't sell them here.
Of course I can let my regular "Service guy" check it for me, but just wanted to take a quick look if it is something I might be able to fix by my self.
My Parking sensors on my 2010 Laramie have been woring / not working all winter, and now it seems like they have finally given up
The display says "Service Parking Sensors" or something like that. And they are not working.
My guess is some kind of corrosion or something from all the salt etc.
How easy is it to remove the sensors to see the connectors etc?
Any instructions?
Other ideas?

/Jocce
liberal use of bulb grease

Quick Reply: Parking sensor trouble...