4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Transmission Diagnostic Guide
Print Wikipost

Gear ratio label?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012 | 03:59 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Tunaman
I'll give you $50!!
If you want to throw $50 out there I'll take it

Seriously though...on my rear axle I had a sticker..w/o a doubt(I'm going to check my glove box, don't recall seeing one...but worth a look). My window sticker does not...why doesn't dodge do this? No clue, is it a pain in the ***? sure it is!

But if I called my dealer and asked them to use my VIN and tell me what ratio I had and they couldn't I'd ask for the manager and ask him why his personnel can't do a SIMPLE job...When you called your dealer and they said they "didn't know this was possible"...I'll give you your answer, LAZY *** MOTHER ****ERS...excuse my french, if they don't get paid to look it up then they can care less to help you. It's reality, to many people in today's society don't care about there job, but when they get laid off all they do is bitch and moan they can't find another job...I happen to LOVE my job and take it seriously...if people took there job seriously and took more than 5 minutes out of there day to help someone, it'd be a different place

When I lived in NJ I found a little and when I say small...I mean small dodge dealer...John Johnson Dodge in Boonton, NJ, the most HELPFUL and KNOWLEDGEABLE group of service writers and techs I have ever met. When my MFS went out on my truck I went there and they explained everything to me the Tech talked to me and explained everything to me. When I'd call in with a question they'd use my VIN and tell me everything I needed. Hell this dealer directed me to another place that would save me about $75 to get a new tire for my truck when the standard GoodBLOW went out and couldn't be patched or plugged.

All I am saying is...check a different dealer...It's all in the management, if the management is **** poor, how do you think the employee's act..."The apple doesn't fall far from the tree my friend" so the subordinates act like the managers. If one doesn't care then it trickles to the rest.

Old 07-13-2012 | 09:04 PM
Tunaman
Veteran
Default i agree Mikey.

All these ways to find the ratio does nooneany good when they're shopping. The young man that sold me the truck is a rest guy, they just didn't train him, obviously. However I believe its gonna work out great, maybe better than3.92. I get awesome mileage and towing I just use 5th gear, not all bad. Next time? There are other dealers out there. Great truck, I love it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 07-15-2012 | 01:16 PM
jgd2305
|
Rookie

Thanks guys, found it on the front differential.

Old 07-25-2012 | 12:57 PM
mmullengs
Amateur

Heh.... Mine had the limited slip option so I figured I was getting a 3.92 very wrong assumption ended up with the 3.55

Old 07-25-2012 | 04:23 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mmullengs
Heh.... Mine had the limited slip option so I figured I was getting a 3.92 very wrong assumption ended up with the 3.55
What year? For 2009 and 2010 I know the 3.55 was not limited slip. Did they add LSD to the 3.55 for 2011 or 2012?

Rob

Old 07-25-2012 | 11:26 PM
12Sport
Professional

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
Did they add LSD to the 3.55 for 2011 or 2012?

Rob
At least for 12 they did.

Old 07-26-2012 | 07:30 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Sales,parts or service should be able to pull and print a build sheet in a few minutes. Some dealer service depts pull one on every vehicle that drives in the service lane and attached to the repair order. Its been easy to do for a couple decades now.

Old 07-26-2012 | 07:36 AM
Tunaman
Veteran

Originally Posted by mmullengs
Mine is 2012, supposed to be limited slip and has the 3.55 gears too. Personally after the tranny started working as its suposed to, i like the gears, towing or not. In tow mode, 65 mph
, about 2200 rpm, works, hauls great. Alo i get good mileage not owing. I do most of my towing on the interstate so this ratio works great. Imo

Quick Reply: Gear ratio label?