4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

suspension hardware torque specs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
SolarPLEX
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension hardware torque specs.

So i just put a daystar 2.5" lift on my 2010, I've owned since new. All the nuts and bolts i had to remove were hand tight??? seems weird........i don't know the torque specs but i assume not tightened by a 10 year old isn't the spec.

Took it in to a shop for the wheel alignment and my outer tie rod ends are loose and need replacing, its a great shop, get all our work trucks done there and they said to take it to dodge and it should be under warranty and get them to do the wheel alignment cause it will need it after the tie rod end replacement anyways.

Anyone think that's crazy a stock truck would need the tie rod ends replaced already? and how loose the hardware was?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM
thiggins
Professional

There was a recall on the factory tie rods, but only for trucks in "cold weather" climates.
I went ahead and got some new moog ends for mine. They don't consider North Georgia cold enough I guess.

Loose hardware is kinda scary.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 PM
SolarPLEX
Rookie

yah i friend of mine with the same truck told me about the recall, we get -50 here in sask hahha so if they dont think thats cold then i dont know wtf.

yah like when loosened the nut to remove the upper a arm from the knuckle the ball joint came loose, no tool, no banging the a arm... and it just took a easy turn with a wrench to loosen it.... no nuts back off but man they were all looser then snugged by hand.

Quick Reply: suspension hardware torque specs.