4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
528hemicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny problems

hi,
I'm new and I' m not sure if I' m in right area. Have a 2009 ram 1500 hemi automatic. On a trip to Texas and having some tranny problems. Was driving along about 60 mph when tranny went into neutral, looked down and tranny indicator said reverse, and check engine light came on, tranny went back into gear and I got off the road. Stopped engine and restarted it,truck pulled out in low gear but didn't shift right, got up to about 65 mph truck acted like it was going to go into overdrive, rpm drop but then it jerked and rpms went up.went along awhile then indicator said tranny was in 4 th gear. When you stop and go to pull out trucks in 4 th gear,shut it off and restart it and goes through same thing. Stopped a a dealer in Odessa,tx to see if they could look at it and they said it would be 2 weeks. We continued on to our destination ok but worried about getting home. Any ideas?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I will move your post in the correct area. That would be the 4th Gen Ram section.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 AM
huntergreen
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to det a dealer to fix this, that 2 week wait is bs. call corporate and let them know.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 528hemicoupe
hi,
I'm new and I' m not sure if I' m in right area. Have a 2009 ram 1500 hemi automatic. On a trip to Texas and having some tranny problems. Was driving along about 60 mph when tranny went into neutral, looked down and tranny indicator said reverse, and check engine light came on, tranny went back into gear and I got off the road. Stopped engine and restarted it,truck pulled out in low gear but didn't shift right, got up to about 65 mph truck acted like it was going to go into overdrive, rpm drop but then it jerked and rpms went up.went along awhile then indicator said tranny was in 4 th gear. When you stop and go to pull out trucks in 4 th gear,shut it off and restart it and goes through same thing. Stopped a a dealer in Odessa,tx to see if they could look at it and they said it would be 2 weeks. We continued on to our destination ok but worried about getting home. Any ideas?

I agree with calling Chrysler directly to get you a quicker appointment. Numbers below.

800-992-1997 United States
800-465-2001 Canada

Quick Reply: Tranny problems