4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2013 Ram Radio's Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Lemondodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0 radio

So i have a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 with hemi Express the radio craped out awhile back,dose this mean its gone and the only solution is to buy another crappy 5.0 u-connect radio or can i buy on used online for half the money and hook it up,or do i still have to bend over for the dealer to do his thing....also have two broken manifold bolts on the passenger side of truck...is this a design issue sre the fixing them or am i stuck fixing this as well.....

Old 05-12-2018, 11:53 PM
NMRam
Rookie
Default Manifold Bolts Seem To Be A Design Flaw

Originally Posted by Lemondodge
So i have a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 with hemi Express the radio craped out awhile back,dose this mean its gone and the only solution is to buy another crappy 5.0 u-connect radio or can i buy on used online for half the money and hook it up,or do i still have to bend over for the dealer to do his thing....also have two broken manifold bolts on the passenger side of truck...is this a design issue sre the fixing them or am i stuck fixing this as well.....
''

I had the broken manifold bolts on the passenger side as well. I would say that it is a design flaw. I don't know what RAM will say. Mine happened early as was covered by warranty.

I am not a fan of the radio as I get radio dropouts all of the time. Sorry.

There were other radio/replacements that were more expensive when I looked last time. You want something that integrates well with the RAM or at least I did.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:56 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Old 08-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Tabitha A
Default 2013 Ram radio going in and out

I have a 2013 Ram that I just purchased 2 months ago used and the radio goes in and out every 3 or 4 minutes. How can I get this fixed? I’m not really sure if I’m under warranty or not

Quick Reply: 2013 Ram Radio's Please Read