4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2010 Ram Blend door actuator replaced-not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
BigRedAZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 Ram Blend door actuator replaced-not working

I have a 2010 Ram 2500. Just replaced both blend door actuators as teeth were busted in the old ones. Hooked all wires back up, turned truck ignition on to see if it works and nothing. Actuators do not function when I turn the control. Tried putting AC on Max and light that indicates its on does not light up. Blows air that is neither hot nor cold. Looked at fuses, they look OK. Any ideas?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
LVRR
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think that if the light is not coming on to indicate max ac and the actuators for the doors aren't working that would indicate a fuse is the culprit.

Not sure if all the actuators and indicators are tied to the AC fuse. You may want to check and see if some other fuse may be blown that may be tied into the dash panel.

My unit stripped a gear for the blend door, I repaired it and everything worked ok. So replacing the actuator shouldn't be a problem.

One other thought, I think the dual zone ac actuators are different from the regular ac ones. Not sure but something to check.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedAZ
I have a 2010 Ram 2500. Just replaced both blend door actuators as teeth were busted in the old ones. Hooked all wires back up, turned truck ignition on to see if it works and nothing. Actuators do not function when I turn the control. Tried putting AC on Max and light that indicates its on does not light up. Blows air that is neither hot nor cold. Looked at fuses, they look OK. Any ideas?

Big,

Are there any updates on you concerns? Were you able to determine the problem?

Keep us posted on the outcome or PM me if you need additional assistance resolving the issue.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Ironhead
Professional

I have the same truck, my actuator was replaced under warranty in September.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:07 PM
BigRedAZ

Got her figured out! Turned out one of the new actuators was also faulty. Its working like a charm now. Although truck is just barely out of warranty, it was an easy fix. Thank you all for your help!

Quick Reply: 2010 Ram Blend door actuator replaced-not working