4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is there a way to Turn off the TPMS light

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM
t5000
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a way to Turn off the TPMS light

I just replaced my factory 20"s with a set of Pro Comps with bigger tires. Now I have the warning light on all the time and the screen giving me an error message when I change it to the monitoring mode. I'm only worried about the idiot light that stays on. Is there a way to turn this thing off. If not is there a fuse I can pull that only controls this? Thanks.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:45 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Stab an ice pick into the cluster where the warning is. That's about it. Even if it could be turned off, you will never find a shop or dealer who would be stupid enough to expose themselves to the liability. I won't disable seatbelt reminders either for this very same reason.

Be sure and thank your "elected" ""Representative"" for the Federal mandate next time you write them with your grievances. You could also write a thank you letter to Firestone and Ford.

Last edited by TNtech; 05-05-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:54 PM
t5000
Rookie

I guess i'll be staring at that light like everyone else then. That sucks. I might have to buy an extra set of the sensors and have them installed in my Pro Comp rims then.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:57 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by t5000
I guess i'll be staring at that light like everyone else then. That sucks. I might have to buy an extra set of the sensors and have them installed in my Pro Comp rims then.
Yeah, get another set for sure. Leave the other ones in the old wheels/tires. SHop around for price. I'm sure someone here can advise you where to go buy them. Dealer would be way too high. Then there's always the strateeegerical black electrical tape technique.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:54 PM
t5000
Rookie

I just found a set on Ebay for $69.00. I don't think I'll beat that so I'm just going to order them. Nothings worse than staring at those stupid lights.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The tire shop should have never installed the tires on the wheels and then on the truck without them. I would make them replace them, it's the law.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 AM
t5000
Rookie

Na that's my bad. The tires were already mounted on the wheels from my previous Ram. They had very low mileage and for what I paid for them I was not trading my old truck in with them on it. Rather than sell them I figured I would put them on my new one. I wasn't a fan of the chrome 20's anyway. The $69.00 for the new sensors isn't too bad I'll just have a friend install them.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lxman1
The tire shop should have never installed the tires on the wheels and then on the truck without them. I would make them replace them, it's the law.
There is no law that says anyone has to put them in after market rims - only that the manufacturers must put them in.

I'd buy a set of sensors for the new wheels, but you could just take the sensors out of your existing wheels, put them in a pvc tube, fill to 40 psi and toss it in the glove box

Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM
J McWillis
Professional

Depending on the year of the truck, you can turn the light off with an aftermarket programmer. And you get the benefits of more power and better drivability.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:41 PM
Cory Cameron
Default TPS system ringer

TPS light came on but tire pressure is good... light keeps coming on then going off then back on ...off...on...off..on..etc.... It's not the light that bothers me it's the chime that rings every time light comes on....im sure it's a bad sensor but is there any way to turn the chime off... I can remember back in the day when we didn't have TPS system and could tell if our tire was low pressure by looking at them...didnt think that was too hard but now we got all these electronic components that go bad when nothing is wrong with the car..???.. But anyway would like to know how to eliminate the chime without having to install new sensors.. I can be my own TPS system....thanks

Quick Reply: Is there a way to Turn off the TPMS light