4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lcokpick chr550

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 07:51 AM
trueblue
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lcokpick chr550

I have a 2012 1500 sport. My stereo didnt have any outputs which sucks. So after some research and saving a bunch of $, i decided to do some upgrades.

Today I had the following installed:
LOCKPICK CHR550 (ipod)
REVERSE CAMERA
LOCKING MECHANISM IN TAILGATE (locks and unlocks with key fob)
OVERHEAD TV W/DVD

So I went with a DVD overhead so I can choose to play DVD's throught the whole truck or just the overhead and put headphones on the kids and still have the option to listen to the radio.....Works great!

I have a "backflip" cover on my truck so now being able to lock and unlock tailgate with key fob is bitchen and convienatnt......works great!

Having a revers camera always helps. I purchased a "factory part" camera. It works,but the view is sortta dark, still....Works!

Lockpick CHR550 is allowing me my outputs (reverse camera, DVD overhead, works while out of park, etc...). However.... im having issues with the ipod function. Music plays from the ipod with no problems. When I try to play a movie from the ipod all I get is the sound ( which sounds fine) and a scrambled video screen. What I mean by scrambled is that it looks like when you used to try and watch cinamax on an old cable tv and it would just be blurred. ipod video also wont play on the overhead screen.

Anyone else haveing this issues? Or better yet HAD these issues and has scince had them resolved?

Quick Reply: lcokpick chr550