4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Uconnect 5 stock, possible to add backup camera?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 PM
ljinnc
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nburd....where did you buy your camera kit and what brand? I want one too. Thanks

Old 10-03-2013, 07:54 AM
nburd

Originally Posted by SupermanWV
nburd: In the following comment you wrote.....what yellow prong and black prong are you meaning? Where did the prongs come from?

"Finally remove the 4 radio screws. Pull it straight out. Undo the connector on the left. Insert the yellow prong in hole 31 and the black in 32. The upper right of the connector (looking at the wires)."

Thanks

SupermanWV (Clark)
The harness comes with the camera kit. It is a 12" cable with an RCA on one end (that goes to the camera) and a yellow prong and black prong that snap into the factory harness on the opposite end behind the radio. The two slots 31 and 32 are empty if you do not have the factory camera. See the photo below. I was too anxious to test so I did not take a photo after the prongs were inserted. It is in the camera manual which I can email if you want it.

Attached Thumbnails Uconnect 5 stock, possible to add backup camera?-radio-connector.jpg  
Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 AM
nburd

Originally Posted by ljinnc
Nburd....where did you buy your camera kit and what brand? I want one too. Thanks
Ebay blue parrott sales,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Echo-Master-2013-Dodge-Ram-Factory-Connect-Back-Up-Camera-System-FC-DRAM-/121153131311?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item1c354a132f

Old 10-06-2013, 03:29 PM
ljinnc
Rookie

Well my Echo rear camera is installed just need a dealer to activate it. My dealer wouldn't do it Friday since it's not Mopar supplied. Just going elsewhere to get it done. Sure hope it works once its programmed in.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:58 PM
ljinnc
Rookie

Got the truck programmed by the dealer but only getting a blue screen. Dealer says they rechecked all connections so I must have received a faulty system. I hope Parrot Sales will exchange it.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 AM
nburd

Originally Posted by ljinnc
Got the truck programmed by the dealer but only getting a blue screen. Dealer says they rechecked all connections so I must have received a faulty system. I hope Parrot Sales will exchange it.
I am sure they will or Echo, the manufacturer. Did you check all connections? The rear mini plug was oriented correctly and fully inserted? 12v power connections good? Pins in the back of the radio connector are fully inserted (did not pop out when the plug was inserted) and in the correct slots?

Just check it all and call the manufacturer. It certainly has a warranty.

Best of luck.

Last edited by nburd; 10-09-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:36 PM
ljinnc
Rookie

I messaged Parrot through ebay and Jay in sales got in touch with me right away.We went over everything and he said he was shipping a new system to me by priority mail, couldn't ask for a better solution.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:20 AM
nburd

Let me know when it works. Are you replacing everything or just trying the camera first?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 AM
ljinnc
Rookie

I'm hoping that it'll be the camera that's bad, that's easy to change. Going to plug the new camera in first under the truck and hope it works, if not then I'm going to route cable outside of truck for testing, then if it works I'll make the permanent install. Really hoping it's the camera though.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:21 PM
ljinnc
Rookie

Got my replacement kit from Parrot Sales today. Got lucky, it was the camera in the tailgate handle. Working great now
Don't hesitate to buy from Parrot Sales. They are great and stand behind what they sell

Quick Reply: Uconnect 5 stock, possible to add backup camera?