4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Uconnect 5 stock, possible to add backup camera?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 04:05 PM
jshaffermax
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do you hook the wire to activate the camera when in reverse?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:17 PM
jshaffermax

Where do you hook the wire to activate the camera when you shift to reverse?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
ljinnc
Rookie

you connect 2 wires (black & yellow) as shown in the wire harness going to the radio, that sends the signal to the radio. The system will require programming at the dealer though. Mine works great and I love it.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:44 PM
jshaffermax

Originally Posted by ljinnc
you connect 2 wires (black & yellow) as shown in the wire harness going to the radio, that sends the signal to the radio. The system will require programming at the dealer though. Mine works great and I love it.
Ok thanks.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:44 AM
jshaffermax

Originally Posted by jshaffermax
Ok thanks.
Got mine all hooked up just blue screen they are sending me another one. I was all ready for it to work but blue screen.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Rherman1

Originally Posted by nburd
The option has to be enabled in the 2013/14 Ram software to work. It makes the screen turn on the camera input when the car is put into reverse. All the factory options work too (keep camera on for 10 sec after going to drive etc)

My thoughts are maybe the 5" screen does not have the dynamic bending lines. If anyone installs in a 8.4, post if the lines bend.

It should be 30 minutes labor or less. It has to be done with the 8.4" screen too and for the OEM camera. They connect to a computer, add the factory option to the vin and the system is enabled in the vehicle software. The '13 and '14s are all controlled by software. Still cheaper than NAV-TV and other options that are $350+ the cost of the camera and hardware.

I love this option. I use it everyday. We have 2 dogs and 3 kids. Bikes, Toys, Fishing poles, etc all over the yard on occasion.
Ok so my question to you is if I put the back up camera latch on, do I need to do any wiring or is it plug and play?

Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 PM
David McPartland
Default RA1 to RA2 conversion backup cam issue

just installed ra2 in place of RA1. 2013 express. Backup camera rerouted from mirror to radio with harness. No video interface. Radio doesn’t recognize signal from video so it does nothing when put into reverse. Tried to correct with dealer. Inserted the codes. Dealers say radio did not accept codes. Anyone else have this problem? And suggestive fix? The reroute harness did not come with video interface module. Just harnesses and rca jumpers. At a total loss at what to do. Everything else on radio works great, just not the backup cam.

Last edited by David McPartland; 09-18-2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Add picture
Old 09-18-2018, 10:16 PM
David McPartland

Originally Posted by ljinnc
did you need video interface module?

Quick Reply: Uconnect 5 stock, possible to add backup camera?