4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014

Old 11-06-2013, 03:35 PM
andrew_nomi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014

I just purchased a 2014 Ram Sport and the same day after driving off the lot, my display screen began switching by itself from Radio to the Auxiliary Port connect screen back and forth by itself.

My climate screen will also not allow me to turn the temperature up and turns itself down after pressing the up button.

I took it to the dealership and they tried updating the software but i'm still having the same issue. They said they would have to order me a whole new radio.

Is this normal for a Brand New Truck???

Then just today, my backup camera stopped working and only displays a blue screen...

Has anyone else had this type of issue with a new 2014?

This is my first Dodge purchase and is not leaving a good first impression.

***UPDATE***
I just took my truck in and the dealership they finally replaced the centre console media hub. I have not had the auxiliary switching issue since, however, the temperature switching on the climate screen is still not resolved. I have not had the blue backup camera screen issue in a while and it may have been fixed with one of their software updates.

If I have the auxiliary issue resurface I will repost but for now it seems to be resolved.

Last edited by andrew_nomi; 11-30-2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-06-2013, 08:40 PM
WESIDE
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a software issue. Leave it at the dealer and make them give you any rental you want until the problem is solved

Old 11-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Ram Tuff
Rookie

I have a brand new 2013 sport , not even 2 months old with 4000 Kms , and the radio wouldn't shut off. I had to take the battery cable off to get it to work properly. Two weeks ago the remote to unlock the doors stop working , but after I took the cable off , it works now. Love my truck , but sure is annoying to have these problem already . I also have a 2012 journey R/T awd that has had radio problems to the point of having it replaced a month ago.

Last edited by Ram Tuff; 11-06-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:25 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew_nomi
I just purchased a 2014 Ram Sport and the same day after driving off the lot, my display screen began switching by itself from Radio to the Auxiliary Port connect screen back and forth by itself.

My climate screen will also not allow me to turn the temperature up and turns itself down after pressing the up button.

I took it to the dealership and they tried updating the software but i'm still having the same issue. They said they would have to order me a whole new radio.

Is this normal for a Brand New Truck???

Then just today, my backup camera stopped working and only displays a blue screen...

Has anyone else had this type of issue with a new 2014?

This is my first Dodge purchase and is not leaving a good first impression.
Andrew_nomi,

Welcome to the Dodge Forum!!

I'm sorry to hear about the radio problem with your Ram. If you have any questions or would like additional assistance reviewing the concerns with your servicing dealer, please feel free to PM me.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:51 PM
andrew_nomi

The dealership replaced my entire radio today and they said it still didn't fix the problem. Now they are ordering me an entire center stack......

Didn't offer me any type of compensation for my troubles either. They seem to think its a joke saying "Well, we are fixing it for free".

Old 11-15-2013, 02:53 PM
andrew_nomi

So apparently now they said that replacing the center stack wont fix the issue and they are waiting for a new software update and have no ETA.

Made a youtube video of the issue. Anyone having a similar problem?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
scott682

I just bought a 2014 Ram 1500 two weeks ago and am having the same radio problem. The radio randomly switches to the aux input and it's almost making the radio unusable. I took it to the dealer on Friday and they said that they couldn't reproduce the problem and they tried doing a software update. The problem seems more frequent now so I'm going to try to take it back this week. I called UConnect customer service and they had not heard of the issue and referred me to the dealer. Hopefully they come up with a fix soon, otherwise I love the truck!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 PM
andrew_nomi

Well the fact theres two of us gives me some hope that its not an electrical issue. Hopefully they come out with a new software update soon that fixes it.

I will let you know when/if they fix it.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 PM
WESIDE
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. From the video it almost seems like the radio thinks something is intermittingly plugging into the aux port. Thats why it switches back and forth. I would be pissed. Maybe a loose connector or a faulty one behind the dash or maybe the radio itself could be bad. Good luck.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:03 PM
bpi
Default 2014 radio issues

Originally Posted by andrew_nomi
Well the fact theres two of us gives me some hope that its not an electrical issue. Hopefully they come out with a new software update soon that fixes it.

I will let you know when/if they fix it.
I have a 2014 ram sport. My radio is doing the exact same thing. Constantly going from radio to connect aux screen. It is annoying.

The dealership replaced the radio yesterday. Not an hour later the new radio did the exact same thing.

Not sure what else to do at this point! Let me know if you come up with a solution.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RADIO and BACKUP CAMERA PROBLEM on a new 2014