4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Starting to Build the 1500

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013 | 08:37 PM
dylanhannan
|
Default Starting to Build the 1500

Hey everyone I am new to the forums. I am 19 years old and recently purchased a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, SLT 4.7l engine right off the lot. I have put a flowmaster muffler on it already with a "y" pipe but that only gave me more noise. I am looking into chips, intakes, any other HP and Torque boosters. Also I would like to make it a bit louder as well. As for the appearance I am kind of wonder what wheels and tires I should get? I am thinking around 33" tires because I have a 45 minute commute everyday. I would also like to get new mirrors (towing), gas cap, and door handles that are all black. As for the interior I dont have any big plans for it but if anyone has any cool ideas I am open to hear about them! Oh and I am making my own headache rack which is almost done and I am considering making black front and back bumpers. Anyways hope to hear from you guys!

Old 11-30-2013 | 11:24 AM
tommyexpress
Amateur

Tons of great info here, just keep reading. as far as tires im going with 33 because of alot of highway driving. build everything else as you want and post pic's

Old 12-01-2013 | 12:36 AM
RSDodgelover
Professional

I would not advise going with the taller tires running the 4.7 unless you swap differential gears which can get pricey. I have seen many especially with the
4 cylinder or V-6 engines go taller and they almost always lose performance and economy as well. Since the 4.7 is somewhat on the underpowered side I would imagine it would affect yours the same way so be cautious. JMO though so good luck with your build.

Old 12-02-2013 | 08:57 AM
DodgeRam09
Professional

I know you are young and want a BA truck but I'd steer clear of modifying these trucks. Everything is engineered to the bare minimum. You are going to cost yourself a lot of money in repairs down the road from upgrades. I'm already seeing repair cost adding up at 45k on this truck.

Quick Reply: Starting to Build the 1500