4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Add Navigation to 2010 Laramie 4x4 4drs 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014 | 05:35 PM
jcorvera
|
Question Add Navigation to 2010 Laramie 4x4 4drs 4WD

Hi,

I recently purchase a 2010 Laramie 4x4, 4 doors, its full equipped, has touchscreen radio, DVD, rear DVD screen, etc, but it doesn't have Navigation. What I need to add this function? Do I need antenna?

Thanks for your help!

Old 08-06-2014 | 11:59 PM
NV290
All Star

Originally Posted by jcorvera
Hi,

I recently purchase a 2010 Laramie 4x4, 4 doors, its full equipped, has touchscreen radio, DVD, rear DVD screen, etc, but it doesn't have Navigation. What I need to add this function? Do I need antenna?

Thanks for your help!
You cannot add the factory navigation system to the radio. It's a completely different radio. Navigation equipped radios for your model and year truck would have an "N" after the model number shown on the lower right corner on the front of the radio. And the Navigation system would be operation from the factory. It's not a question of activating it by adding any parts.

I can tell you the Ram factory GPS systems are terrible when you compare them to a system like Garmin. I had one in my previous Ram and still bought a Garmin to stick on my windshield because the OEM systems are so bad. On my latest Ram i went with an Kenwood head unit with Garmin built in. It also has DVD, touch screen, backup camera, etc. Worth every penny.

If you insist on a factory model head unit with factory Nav, search ebay. Plenty of used units there for a fraction of the cost of a new one from the the dealer.

Quick Reply: Add Navigation to 2010 Laramie 4x4 4drs 4WD