4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sunroof Jammed 2009 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015 | 04:37 PM
allenair
|
Default Sunroof Jammed 2009 Ram

Sunroof will TILT up fine - no problems, motor sounds good. It will also close from the TILT position fine. Problem is when I try to fully open to VENT position, the glass tilts down and starts to moved backwards then jams and stops. At this point - the passenger side is about 1/2" open and the drivers side maybe an 1/8". Any ideas on fix?

I should add - motor sounds fine throughout all functions. No grinding or whining (other than me).

Old 03-06-2015 | 08:33 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Try lubricating the tracks

Old 03-07-2015 | 12:39 PM
allenair
|

Tracks are clear and lubricated. This is something else. Whatever is holding up the drivers side from sliding is locked solid. Im wondering if there is a locking pin or something that is not releasing. Any body know where I might find a detailed exploded view, and/or sequence of operation.

Old 03-07-2015 | 09:34 PM
popsnbeer
Captain

Happened on my 06 dak if they're similar. I just pulled it back into position to even out the tracks and it fixed it. I was too scared to open it again after I got it closed tho

Old 03-07-2015 | 10:16 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Yeah. Maybe it just got off track so to speak. May try muscling it back even again.

Old 03-08-2015 | 11:17 AM
allenair
|

Thanks for input.

Unfortunately, I have tried all those things, I guess this one is going to require a trip to the local dealer. I think headliner is going to have to come down and get some eyes on the entire track and linkage system.

I will post back results.

Old 03-09-2015 | 11:41 AM
CannondaleSV1000

Originally Posted by allenair
Thanks for input.

Unfortunately, I have tried all those things, I guess this one is going to require a trip to the local dealer. I think headliner is going to have to come down and get some eyes on the entire track and linkage system.

I will post back results.
I had the same issue on my 09 TRX4. It ended up being a piece of the body dampening material (black sticky mastic with the silver foil face). It had come loose from the roof and bent down and was keeping the glass from moving all the way to the back. I loosened as much of the headliner as I could easily do and stuck my hand back there and ripped the piece out (12"x12" or so). Probably not the best way to do it but haven't had any issues since.

Old 03-18-2015 | 10:06 PM
rdculus
Veteran

The sunroof on my 2010 wasn't closing properly, I found a tip online that resets the sunroof operating limits, I can't remember the process but it was something like holding the close button for 5 seconds with the key on or something like that. It then does a full sweep open and close and it's been perfect ever since. It might work for yours.
You should be able to find the sunroof recalibrate instructions on this forum or on Google.
Good luck

Quick Reply: Sunroof Jammed 2009 Ram