4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2009 Ram Fender Rust Starting

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:44 PM
skirider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I have joined this forum to hopefully get more help than another forum I was on. I have a 2011 ram 1500 that I keep flawless.
so I thought
after washing yesterday, I noticed a small cluster of bubbles below the antenna on the front pass fender.

after doing research, I see that there is a pad mounted to the fender in that location, I see no visual rust around pad.

I did spray some fluid film around pad as it seems to not be dripping in and pad seem bonded well.

what are my option just leave, or should I remove wheel well and try to pry pad off to access how bad it could be.

how difficult is it to replace fender, is it bolt on after painting or welded and glued.

I am going crazy to think my truck is rusting after I tried so hard to keep perfect, probably wash and wax more than I drive.

please offer suggestions.

Quick Reply: 2009 Ram Fender Rust Starting