4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MDS Delete

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Josh Barker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow MDS Delete

I'm about to replace my camshaft and lifters in my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi, and I am probably going to delete the mds system as it has just caused the trouble I'm having. If I change the lifters, and don't use the deactivating lifters that the MDS requires, do I also need to wipe that from the truck's computer? Or do I need to still use the MDS lifters since the truck had them to begin with? Any help, much appreciated.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:02 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you're change the cam for more power.. you should also change the lifters and get the computer tuned to eliminate the mds..

Old 10-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Josh Barker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iwhitne
if you're change the cam for more power.. you should also change the lifters and get the computer tuned to eliminate the mds..
Changing the cam because the lifter locked and ate the lobe. Obviously I'm changing lifters. I want to use the cheaper non-deactivating lifters, because I want rid of the MDS. I just want to know if I can use those lifters in place of the deactivating lifters on an MDS engine.

Quick Reply: MDS Delete