4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2018 front end noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Ngw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 front end noise

i bought a 2018 ram 4x4 express 3 months ago. Bought brand new and 1 month after buying it I started hearing a chirping whistling noise from left front side. It starts at 35 and it sounds like a wheel bearing but bearing was just replaced at dealership yesterday. New brake caliper has also been installed. I have had it in shop 4 times now and they have yet to find the problem. I’m starting to get pissed and fed up about it and as of yesterday they realize it. The strange thing is when it starts making the noise at 35 mph I can shift into 4 high and it completely goes away. Can then shift back into 2wd and and in a few seconds it starts again. Nothing changes the pitch. Brakes don’t stop it and the only thing that does make it stop is 4wd. I honestly think the dealership doesn’t have a clue what it is. They say they can’t find anything wrong. The only thing that has been modified is a leveling kit was installed correctly but it was doing this before install. Any ideas what may be causing it. I’m lost

Old 09-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Ngw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just crawled under truck and looked. passenger side cv axle is not seated all the way up stud drivers side is but passenger side has a 1/2 inch gap. would this cause a squealing noise like a bearing?

Old 10-01-2018, 10:55 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

With your 4wd engagement making the noise go away and it not being fully seated, I'd almost bet on it being your issue.

Quick Reply: 2018 front end noise