4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

O2 Sensors...possibly???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 09:34 AM
layziebone405
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question O2 Sensors...possibly???

Hey fellow RAM techs, and frustrated DIY'ers . Got a squeamish idea I have a bad wire harness as I have bought and replaced the O2 sensors from three different suppliers with Mopar and/or NTK parts. I still get the codes for O2 voltage circuit to high and closed loop fueling not achieved. The problem is its for both sides and ONLY on the upstream banks. My guess is the harness that supplies power to these is being interrupted or is just shot to hell. If so does any one know if its covered under the powertrain warranty since its kicking out engine codes P0135, P0155, P1128, P1129??? Like I said I bought some sensors from factorychryslerparts.com and those didn't fix it, so I went to rockauto.com and bought NTK sensors. I'm all ears fellas thanks

Old 03-12-2019, 09:39 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you buy the ones that just plug in or did you have to splice your harness. I went through three on an 03 Caravan until I just bought the one that plugged in and the codes went away. Just giving you my experience.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:48 AM
layziebone405
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZEN357,
I bought the plug and play. Not really a fan of wiring or splicing in general because I see how much pain and setback it gives us at work on the f-16's so I never go that route. I played around with them though and moved the bank 1/S2 into the B1/S1 position to see if its the harness or the sensor and I haven't drove it yet but I'm starting to get the idea might have been some expired shelf life parts that I got and when the heater circuit actually works and heats up and closes the fuel loop it may fix the problem and I will be happy but ill have to drive it and see.

Quick Reply: O2 Sensors...possibly???