4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RHR 730N Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2021 | 02:45 PM
Weps64
|
Default RHR 730N Radio

2012 RAM 3500 Limited with radio RHR 730N. Radio will no longer power on. Does not display backup camera when in reverse although the backup camera must be working since it gives me an audible warning. 30 amp radio fuse in fuse box looks good. Tried disconnecting battery for 30 minutes. No joy. Tried reset by holding voice and phone bottoms with ignition in ACC followed by opening door. Still no indication of power getting to the unit.

Loss of radio was coincidental with cab brakelight water leak that wet the back of the cab. I assume there is a radio amplifier next to the subwoofer under the seat in the rear cab but i haven't investigated that. Is there a fuse associated with the amplifier? Would a failed amplifier prevent the radio from turning on?

I'm trying to explore all options before shipping the radio to Infotainment for repair.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Mike

Quick Reply: RHR 730N Radio