4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2012 Ram Hemi - Any help/comments appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 12:06 PM
mikej24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2012 Ram Hemi - Any help/comments appreciated

2012 Ram Hemi, 150k. Need some help with an issue.

I took the truck in to have the plugs replaced as part of normal maintenance. Left the place, the the truck was running rough, check engine light came on and felt like I was running over speed bumps. Took it to a new shop the following day. (something didnt feel right about first place) They pull plugs, original place put in wrong plugs, gapped wrong and didnt even change all of them. New shop put in right plugs and replaced the coil pack likely giving error. First shop did give refund and didnt argue anything. Take truck from 2nd shop and still not running right. Feels like something is missing or pulling when driving. Not as much as after the first shop but still cant drive it with this issue. They tell me they need to do a compression test. Did compression test and cylinder 3 is at 150 and the rest are hitting roughly 170-180. Said solenoid could be bad and would cost another 500 to replace. Cant promise it would fix the issue though. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Note- truck was running fine before the plugs were changed. Only other recent work was thermostat. I do have a coolant leak that is likely unrelated.

Old 04-05-2023, 12:56 PM
aleekat
Veteran
Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Did they use OEM plugs or some fancy variant.

Old 04-05-2023, 01:02 PM
mikej24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aleekat
Did they use OEM plugs or some fancy variant.
The original shop put in the wrong plugs. OEM Mopars are in now.

Quick Reply: 2012 Ram Hemi - Any help/comments appreciated