4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2013 electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM
Ramboy2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 electrical issues

I am having all sorts of electrical issues.
1. Service four wheel drive
2. Brake light on
3. Low break fluid.

All this happened after changing third brake lights to leds. Not sure if related but seams odd.
I replaced thw 4wd actuator. No difference
I almost just realized my emergency brake does not.work at all.i can press ebrake to floor and watch the cable contract and thw spring on brakes compress but no bite.
I have other electrical issues with lights buy that's not really important right now. The service fwd and lo brake fluid is annoying. Truck runs fine. I am bot messing with the fwd selector at all at this point.
my plan it to pull rear brakes and fix ebrake this weekend. Inspect Pads and rotors at same time. I do need aome hwlp troubleshooting fwd service. I think the brakes and fwd lights are related...

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts

Fortunately with warning lights there is associated fault codes that tell you why the light is on. Find a good scanner, alfa OBD is a great option. Or take it to a parts store and have codes read.

The brake light and low fluid I'm sure go together. the brake light comes on with any brake related fault.

Service 4wd could be a little more in-depth, possibly a wiring issues, best to get the codes, which actuator did you replace, front axle or on the transfercase?

Quick Reply: 2013 electrical issues