4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck hesitates to start

Search this Thread

Old Today | 05:38 PM
Tyler985
|
Default Truck hesitates to start

Hello, I have a 2018 ram 1500 5.7 SSV (used police truck). The issue only happens after the truck has warmed up and it has sat for 30+ minutes. The first start of the day, it cranks right up. After being at work all day, it cracks right up. If the truck sits for 30 or more minutes then it'll just crank without starting unless i pump the accelerator.

A mechanic told me it was my fuel pump so I had that replaced. It cracked right up for almost a month, then went back to doing the same thing. I did a little research online but I couldn't find any cases like mine. I tried replacing the fuel pressure sensor, that didn't do anything either.

I'm wondering if I should replace the fuel rails/ injectors, and if I did go that route I would do the child and plus at the same time. If anyone has ever had this Harford and know what's causing it i would Shoreview any info, thank you.

Old Today | 07:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I don't think replacing any children will help....

Need to find out what's missing when it won't start. Are you getting spark? Injector pulse? What is the TPS reading at closed throttle when it's warm, and not running?

Quick Reply: Truck hesitates to start