Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

1985 Dodge D150 v8 95k auto - make offer!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
distincthead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Dodge D150 v8 95k auto - make offer!

Mods: Please delete my other post, I have no idea what's going on with the apostrophes but it's definately unreadable!

Now with video goodness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGxRWqBbjt4

For photos, please go here: http://newlondon.craigslist.org/car/749415623.html

I have a truck that I have no time to put money into. I bought it a few years ago to restore while using it, with a bigger engine, etc.

Price is 1000 or best offer. The scrap yard is buying at 225 a ton, and he quoted me about $600, and since this thing is far from scrap I'd like to get more than it's value as such. Tell me what you're willing to pay and we'll see what we can work out. Email is above, or call 860.228.3494 and leave a msg. Please don't call after 9 PM.

It's a 1985, has 95k on it (the odo didn't roll over). The frame is in great shape, still black paint on it mostly, with no rot anywhere. The exterior is in really nice shape, virtually no rust anywhere - it's just starting to rust on the inside of the upper door where the weather stripping was (I took it off of the driver's side to inspect the rust), and a little bit the size of a thumb near the front bumper. That's all that I can think of. Rear bumper has some dents and rust. The ONLY dents on the body panels are in the bottom of the bed, which started to rust about a year and a half ago. Any rust is just surface rust. The interior is dirty, and the bench seat on the driver's side is shredded, but it's not gross and it doesn't smell at all. The power steering pump leaks. Speedometer cable broke 3 or 4 months ago.

It has new rear brake shoes, wheel cylinders, and brake lines. New front pads and rotors, and the lines were drained all around and refilled, then bled. New intake manifold gasket, new voltage regulator, new coil, new oil pressure sender, new alternator.

Last week it failed to start while I was in a parking lot - then after letting it sit for 45 minutes, it started right up. This morning, the same thing... the starter goes, and the engine turns over, it just wont catch when that happens. So now I just want to get rid of it, as I never know if it's gonna pull the no-start thing with me again and I have no desire to put money into it. Edit: after spending some time under the hood this morning, I have come to the conclusion that it's something silly and not serious - probably the distributor cap & rotor. The engine runs good and strong. The trans shifts well. There are no leaks anywhere. It doesn't seem to consume any oil, doesn't smoke. It would make a beautiful project or work truck.

Exhaust has been cut off up to the catalytics - which are still good. Before I cut it off, it passed the CT emissions just fine. That was last year or so, and I obviously haven't had to go thru emissions since I cut the exhaust off, but I'm sure with a new muffler it'd pass.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 AM
distincthead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1985 Dodge D150 v8 95k auto - make offer!

Lowered to $950 but make any offer you want, I need to get rid of this to make way for a better truck.

Quick Reply: 1985 Dodge D150 v8 95k auto - make offer!