Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

96 Neon 2.4 swap project car,Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:49 AM
turbo2.4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Neon 2.4 swap project car,Missouri

96 Plymouth neon 2.4 swap---originally SOHC car $2,500
150kchassis 80k engine (98 Stratus donor)
Currently it is equipped with an auto transmission,but it is busted (I believe the differential went out by the noises it made before it stopped moving).I have a 5 speed sitting in the back seat with a low mileage clutch waiting to be swapped in.I have not checked the numbers to see which transmission it is,but I believe it is probably a 3.55 from a SOHC.
I have an SRT4 turbo manifold and turbo that is included,along with another mitsubishi turbo cartridge as backup,as well as an intercooler from a Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe.I had planned on turbocharging this car,but never had the time to get around to it.
The interior is partially removed,no carpet or headliner,but the seats and door panels are installed again because before the transmission went out I had to use it for a daily driver.These can all be removed quickly to lower vehicle weight.----Battery is relocated to behind passenger seat,but with a longer cable can be moved to trunk.
Has tachometer equipped dash in place of stock base model dash.In early loss of brain capacity I painted dash panels an odd shade of green,but a trip to the junkyard can fix that or a new color of your choice.This car is not about looks.
Recently replaced exhaust from catylatic converter back,stock size with Flowmaster 40 series at the exit with welded custom 4inch tip.Looks great,sounded awesome.
When the engine was installed I had the water pump replaced,new timing belt and tensioner as well as a new intake cam gear.Ran very strong even with auto trans.My 95 DOHC sport with ACR transmission would not pull on it until after 65mph!And that was if I shifted perfect after a perfect launch! This car would move!
This is a great project car that just needs someone with the extra time and love.I very much do not want to part with it,but I am about to go back to school and will not have time in the next two years to mess with it and I do not want it to sit any longer.This car was meant to be enjoyed,so please give it a good home.
Feel free to ask questions.
http://cardomain.com/ride/694313
The rims in the pictures are not included,but a set of 5 star sport rims is.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:22 PM
turbo2.4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trades considered

Quick Reply: 96 Neon 2.4 swap project car,Missouri