Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

5.9 l 360

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 03:18 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Its a truck not a race car. I dont hot rod this engine, it barely sees road time anyway."

just wondering... why is there a picture of your truck at what looks to be a racetrack then?
and adding performance mods seem to be "the point" when it comes to increasing performance. I would also like to know how the mods you have done increases the motor's life. The only reason anyone should pay more than 500$ for a used 360 is if it is an R3 block, or has performance internals like a forged stroker crank, forged pistons, H-beam rods and so forth.. however you put it, its still basically a stock 360. and I'm SERIOUSLY suggesting, you'll get more cash if you sell your MSD 6A and longtube headers separate, probably your E-fans too. like i said man, im not trying to be a dick, im just saying no one is going to pay that much when you can get a complete parts truck for less then what you're asking. A guy on the 2nd gen dak forum did a 360 swap and got the 360, harness and ECU for under 500.. thats pretty much the going rate.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:12 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by motorbrreath
80 k miles is low in alot of peoples persepctive.
technically anything over 70k is "High Mileage" and dramatically changes the KBB Value. But this is over a motor and i don't think KBB does that.

But im just saying anything with 70K+ is considered high mileage "Technically" that is.

Hehe.. :P

Old 10-05-2008, 06:15 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just because you put mods on a vehicle doesnt mean that you go out and hotrod it everywhere. i donnt.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:15 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wink2873
"Its a truck not a race car. I dont hot rod this engine, it barely sees road time anyway."

just wondering... why is there a picture of your truck at what looks to be a racetrack then?
and adding performance mods seem to be "the point" when it comes to increasing performance. I would also like to know how the mods you have done increases the motor's life. The only reason anyone should pay more than 500$ for a used 360 is if it is an R3 block, or has performance internals like a forged stroker crank, forged pistons, H-beam rods and so forth.. however you put it, its still basically a stock 360. and I'm SERIOUSLY suggesting, you'll get more cash if you sell your MSD 6A and longtube headers separate, probably your E-fans too. like i said man, im not trying to be a dick, im just saying no one is going to pay that much when you can get a complete parts truck for less then what you're asking. A guy on the 2nd gen dak forum did a 360 swap and got the 360, harness and ECU for under 500.. thats pretty much the going rate.

haynes muscle meet. it was in the show, thats the parade lap. Notice im not burning tires but talking to someone.

but dude bottom line is if you think its too much you dont have to pay it! thats the beauty of it. if you can find an engine for 500 bucks then buy it!

like i said before 2000 is a barter point. if yall want junkyard engines go for it.

Last edited by motorbrreath; 10-05-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:00 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

ok man i get it. when you cant sell it because you want wayyy to much... you know where to find me. btw, if you totalled your truck tomorrow, that same engine would be a junkyard engine, theres nothing wrong with a junkyard engine.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
User
Champion

Originally Posted by talon6
just because you put mods on a vehicle doesnt mean that you go out and hotrod it everywhere. i donnt.
I do.. hehehe

god im an idiot sorry..

Originally Posted by wink2873
ok man i get it. when you cant sell it because you want wayyy to much... you know where to find me. btw, if you totalled your truck tomorrow, that same engine would be a junkyard engine, theres nothing wrong with a junkyard engine.
he does have a point. -_-

Old 10-06-2008, 04:18 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by User2006
I do.. hehehe

god im an idiot sorry..

he does have a point. -_-
that is kind of THE POINT, if you dont you're wasting your money... which is why i dont believe people when they say that.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:42 AM
User
Champion

Resale value is decreased the more you mod it. You don't charge extra for the mods you put on it. Just now how it works, take the mods off sale them, replace to stock then sale.. you have a better chance and usually make more money.

If i was told to sale my truck i wouldn't charge 9k for the truck + 7k for all the mods.. thats 16k.. no one is there right mind would pay that much.. but thats how much its worth to me... and money put into it.. o and i got to charge for labor also.. thats another 10k LOL!!!! j/k.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 AM
dodgeguy97
Professional

thats what i was thinking parting makes more money sell just the long block and sell the mods seperatly as you can see everyone that has posted back you could have made ur money buy parting but its your stuff do what you want just saying you already wasted alot of your time

Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

gonna pull it and sell it elsewhere.

appreciate yall destroyin my topic.