Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

Edge Billet Converter Brand NEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I weren't already spread so thin I probably would buy it even without the loan. Hey, if no one makes an offer on it maybe it will still be around when my raise hits.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:57 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
haha well we either got a lot of broke people or a lot of retarded people on here cause i still dont have a single offer

Wait. You arent complaining about the free advertising but bumping we are giving you are you??

Old 05-20-2010, 03:12 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

lol no complaints at all!! the more people that see this, the sooner i might sell it. I really wanna sell it quick because its sitting on Andre's desk at Edge racing waiting for a buyer to claim it. I dont wanna take up his space longer than necessary.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:19 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, I wants. but I just spent too much damn money on a f'n rock. this is the brokest forum ever

Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Duroc
Professional

I would fall into the "retarded people" category. What would this do over the stock converter? Is it worth installing on a rig that is still under the factory warranty?

Last edited by Duroc; 05-20-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:37 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Duroc
I would fall into the "retarded people" category. What would this do over the stock converter? Is it worth installing on a rig that is still under the factory warranty?
it is a more efficient TC. it would cut down on the parasitic drive train loss created by the tranny. thus getting more HP to your wheels. also, the higher stall doesnt lock up until your engine is further into its powerband, helping you even more.

a factory warranty wont come through for you if the aftermarket part was determined to be the cause of the problem.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

def. out now that i just got hailed on...

Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by Duroc
Duroc, you know how the tires spin when you power brake a little? That because you are moving up the power band making more power to the rear wheels. With a higher stall converter you can stab the thottle and the rpm's will flash up higher into that power band and really get things moving. TheTC still locks up at highway speed so mileage isn't hurt. But makes a lot more available from a standing start. Every serious street/strip car runs a modified TC.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:42 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Andre explained it like this: "When you dont need the power, you wont notice any difference from the stock TC except more efficiency (potentially slightly better mpgs), but when you want the power, its realllllly there"

Old 05-20-2010, 08:50 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
Andre explained it like this: "When you dont need the power, you wont notice any difference from the stock TC except more efficiency (potentially slightly better mpgs), but when you want the power, its realllllly there"
He hit it dead on!!

AF why dont you install it?

Quick Reply: Edge Billet Converter Brand NEW