Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

Complete 2005 4.7 for sale 76,000 Miles + Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Predatorgrl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2003 dodge 1500 with a 4.7 in it now. It has the 32tooth crank no egr and the vin letter is "N" (this is at least all the info everybody else needs). I'm not even 100% sure if you can do a straight swap between the two and be ok with my current wiring harness and my tranny. Any idea? Everywhere I call local to me tells me it has to be an 03 1500. What do u think freight would be to 97017? Still in a huge debate over buying a reman if there isn't a whole lot I price difference. Any advice info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:35 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Predatorgrl
I have a 2003 dodge 1500 with a 4.7 in it now. It has the 32tooth crank no egr and the vin letter is "N" (this is at least all the info everybody else needs). I'm not even 100% sure if you can do a straight swap between the two and be ok with my current wiring harness and my tranny. Any idea? Everywhere I call local to me tells me it has to be an 03 1500. What do u think freight would be to 97017? Still in a huge debate over buying a reman if there isn't a whole lot I price difference. Any advice info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
So I assume the engine you have now is toast? This is a Vin N engine as well, but it looks like the difference is the EGR. This does have an EGR valve, and two things can be done about that. Either remove the EGR and install block-off plates, or swap the drivers side head from the other engine if it's still in OK shape. The easiest (especially on an SOHC engine) is to get block off plates. It's a simple thing that any machine shop can handle.

As far as that, everything else should match right up and I can't think of any reason it wouldn't. An 03 NGC should have the correct intake manifold, which has a plastic molded throttle linkage built in. That's one way to tell for sure, the throttle linkage on previous 4.7s have a metal throttle bracket.

I can work with the price to a certain degree, depending on what extras you actually need on the engine.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Predatorgrl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you tell me where your located an is it possible to get your phone number so my husband can call an talk with you about it?

Old 11-30-2013, 12:21 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Predatorgrl
Can you tell me where your located an is it possible to get your phone number so my husband can call an talk with you about it?

I'm in Utah, Sandy city. 84093

I'll PM my phone number and we can chat any time after 11am MST Tomorrow

I emailed YRC about a freight quote to your zipcode, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'll have to give them a call.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

Long block* sale pending. All accessories still up for grabs, pm for details.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

Long block sold. Oil pan, valve covers, timing cover and water pump sold with it. I'll make a new for sale thread for the remaining parts such as drive belt accessories, intake manifold and throttle body.

Quick Reply: Complete 2005 4.7 for sale 76,000 Miles + Accessories