Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

1992 Stealth R/T TT AWD For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Miller907
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Stealth R/T TT AWD For Sale

I have a green 1992 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo All Wheel Drive, 5 speed for sale of which i have owned for 16 months. I will talk about the good things with this car before the bad. In the last 30 days i have replaced: timing belt (no, it did not break or skip any teeth), the water pump, tensioner, mass air flow, all oxygen sensors, clutch, slave drive, ECU, electric antenna, and wind shield wipers. The former owner had a blow-off valve placed on it. 4 weeks ago I just bought 4 bridgestone fuzion z-rated tires and placed them on the car. It has the original factory rims. All recall works has been completed. The last being something with the brake lines. It has a 1 year old eclipse stereo system in it with memphis car audio speakers. The battery is 1 year old. The car has white leather interior. the back seats look unused, the passenger seat is in great shape, the driver seat is worn, but has no tears or rips. The head liner looks brand new. the carpet is in great condition. the dash is not faded or cracked. It has power windows, locks, and mirrors, seats and cruise control, which works. the body of this car is in great shape. It has some chipping of the paint and a spot where somebody keyed it in a straight line from tail light to headlight. The air conditioner and heater works great. this car is in over all great shape and would make someone a great everyday car.

Now for the bad.................................3 days ago the transmission will not shift out of 2nd gear. It is still driveable, but only in 2nd gear. so i am being told that most likely the transmission may need rebuilt or replaced.

So I have 2 choices: put more money in it or sell it. I have decided to sell and not put any more money into this car. So if you are interested please email shankin@columbus.rr.com. I am located in Columbus, Ohio.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:55 PM
jakster
Rookie
Default RE: 1992 Stealth R/T TT AWD For Sale

Ouch thats a three grand hit on the car transmission is a bummer is it a six speed or five. What are you asking for the car???

Old 01-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Miller907

it is a 5 speed. the car has 113,000 miles on it. it first went into service in november 1991. before the transmission problem, this car was a rocket. it ran beautifully. that is why i did not have a problem putting money into it. i really don't know what to ask for it. any suggestions. are you sure about the $3,000? What about a rebuild, etc.........

Old 01-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Miller907

ok, thanks to casper on the general tech. forum, the transmission on this car is fixed. actually it wasn't the transmission. the cable going to the transmission had come loose. it was a 15 minute fix at a ford dealership. they didn't even charge me to repair the problem. replaced a bushing and a washer. the car now runs perfect again. the dodge dealership wanted $600 just to "tear" into the tranny to see what the problem was.

this car is still for sale thou. i forgot to mention in my above post that all the sparkplugs and wires were changed about 2 months ago. so if you are interested shankins@columbus.rr.com

Old 01-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Miller907

the email address is shankin@columbus.rr.com

Old 01-26-2006, 05:58 PM
97SWB4x4
Professional

you have any pics if you do send em to joffer00@msn.com and also what is the actual asking price then

Quick Reply: 1992 Stealth R/T TT AWD For Sale