Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

Ram Keyless Entry system

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:24 PM
zipper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Keyless Entry system

I have 4 Mopar EVSII Keyless Entry systems. The part number is 82300986. I was looking to add either the keyless entry or the alarm to my 2001 Ram and came across somebody selling a lot of 4 keyless entry and 1 alarm (82300985). I had received a quote from the dealer near me after buying some mudflaps from them on ebay in November. I am attaching the quote from them along with some pictures of the keyless entry systems as well. Basically I was able to get all of the items in the lot for $100 for each unit. I was happy to be able to get the alarm at that price and figured I would sell each keyless at the same price to get my money back.

You will see on the price quotes that the keyless entries list for $178 from the dealership. The guy quoted me pricing they usually give their business accounts so I was able to get the wiring harness I needed for the lower price instead of the $49 list. The parts manager didn't seem to pleased about this since all other dealers were quoting me list price on these items when I was calling around. So here is a chance to grab a keyless entry for only $100 plus shipping. You can buy the wiring harness (part number 82204681) so you can just plug right into the current harnesses or you can splice and save $50. I chose the harness. I will wait a few weeks to see if they sell here but if not I will ebay them. When I was looking on ebay the last ones sold for just below the dealer list prices so I wouldn't bid...you know how crazy ebay can be.

So I know for a fact that these are for 2001 because I gave the dealer my vin number when getting the quote in November. I would have to assume that they are for 94-01.

Any questions just shoot and I will give as much info as I know about them.

Thanks,

Charlie

Old 02-15-2006, 09:55 PM
4x4_guy
Captain
Default RE: Ram Keyless Entry system

where are you locaed at?

-Jesse-

Old 02-15-2006, 10:11 PM
4DrMopar
Captain

I did that same kit install on my 98.... it was CAKE to install!

Old 02-15-2006, 11:05 PM
zipper

I am in Freetown, MA.

I looked over the instructions breifly today to do the alerm install. It looks slightly more indepth than just the keyless entry install but they both seem pretty easy. I was really looking to put an alarm/keyless entry in just to be able to lock and unluck the doors remotely...I missed that feature with this truck. I figured I might as well go with the whole alarm since I was able to get it so cheap.

I will post back after I get around do doing the install how it went. Hopefully this weekend.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:00 PM
zipper

I did the alarm install this morning and it was extremely easy. The most time consuming thing was making all the wires nice and tidy. The keyless entry instructions are in the same booklet and it is much easier and very straight forward.

No more forgetting to lock the truck and walking back to it or forgetting to unlock the passenger side to put my daughter in and walking around the truck while trying to keep her in place (3 year old). It is funny how easily you get used to having an alarm and/or remote door locking.

oh yeah...when I got the quote from the dealer the parts counter kid told me the wiring harness was optional and you could splice it in but it was easier with the harness. It was very easy with the harness and I dont know if you can even splice in without it. Maybe the alarm install is more in depth but you may want to play it safe and get the harness.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:20 PM
4x4_guy
Captain

i am very interested.
how much would it be to ship it to kansas city???

-Jesse-

Old 02-18-2006, 07:29 PM
zipper

I checked ups website and I am assuming KC, KS. The quote for UPS ground was $8.89.

If you want it pm me the rest of your personal information and I will give you a paypal account or you can send funds to my address I will pm you with.

Thanks,

Charlie

Old 02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
zipper

bump** before I put the last 2 on ebay.

Old 03-06-2006, 06:08 PM
BFG
Rookie