Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

HID Lighting HELP 07 Hemi Ram Bulbs wont work with Truck Running

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:07 PM
nitro4you
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Lighting HELP 07 Hemi Ram Bulbs wont work with Truck Running

Ok I have a 07 Ran 1500 Hemi I purchased HID Lights 2 sets One for the fog lights (McCullach) THey work fine with no relays or extra wiring with car on or off so functioning as designed. Here is the big issue I have I bought a Hella Setup - Single ballast per light with internal ignitor and built in relay. I wired them up mounted everything and they worked fine (With the Truck off) I start the truck after im all done and attempt to fire them up and all they do is blink 5 times and shut off. Ive been told to add another relay, wire them directly with a switch, and change the power from the ECU. Im not adding atoggle switch on a new car, Relay I was told I have on with the kit I bought (Hooked it up to the battery as instructed). Ive seen a couple other places where people have tried different things to get them to work. like adding a capictor to the relay to "trick" the ecu in telling it that there is 55 wats rather then 35 watts.
So here is what im going to do - Buy the McCullach for the H13 lose the high beam and try to install that kit because it works in the fog lights......should I try to get a realay with the kit to make sure it will work?

I had a jeep that did the same thing with a "single hella" style kit and it didnt light....switched to the McCullach and no issues. Im just looking for what WILL work and what I need to do the get these things to work. Id prefer a Hi\lo or Bi-Xenon but McCullach doesnt offer it for a h13 single application. If someone can guarentee something that will work and clear instructions for me id be happy to purchace from you or just stick with the McCullach setup........HELP!!! (Attached is a picture of what im returning that gave me all the issues)

[IMG]local://upfiles/60487/3466B26718FA4D9BB27A83C5DFB8BB86.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
pops5378
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID Lighting HELP 07 Hemi Ram Bulbs wont work with Truck Running

I have a 2004 dodge truck, I tried the resistor solution and it didnt work. Have a simular problem with my HIDs. Read another fix who suggested using a capacitor 2200uf with a 6amp diode in line with the stock lighting wire. This should provide a constant current to the HID relay and put enough resistant to the Stock lighting system to trick it in thinking a standard bulb is in place. By therory it should work. Ive got the capacitor at Radio Shack but they didnt carry a diode any bigger than 1amp. If this doesnt work then Im probably stuck with a toggle swicth like everyone else, and the fog light switch sounds like a good option.

Quick Reply: HID Lighting HELP 07 Hemi Ram Bulbs wont work with Truck Running