Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Ipod/mp3 aux input

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
loboej
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod/mp3 aux input

I have an '03 Ram with the 6-disk OEM stereo and want to install an aux input jack into this unit. I've been looking online for the proper harnesses and whatnot but there seem to be a ton of them and not much specification if it will work with my radio. Can anyone recommend one? I havent pulled my stereo out yet but i think it has a 10-pin and 22-pin connectors on the back. as near as i can tell the 10-pin should be empty right now as i dont have any external cd-changers or anything. thanks!!

Old 05-25-2007, 04:00 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: Ipod/mp3 aux input

You should be able to get an adaptor that will plug into the changer port, yes. Installer.com should have one.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:16 PM
loboej

Thanks! I talked with them and my stereo is an in dash RBQ 6-disk changer. They dont have anything but an FM modulator that will work with this stereo. Any ideas if I'm stuck with this?

Old 06-05-2007, 01:07 AM
MyFirstDodge

www.peripheralelectronics.com or EBAY. The part is the CHYX or CHYP I don't remember. I just bought this part and installed it last week and it works perfectly. I retained my satelite radio and steering wheel controls as well. The install was very easy, and only took about 40 minutes. PM me if you have any further questions.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 AM
slvr4.7

I know this is an old post, but the CHYX doesn't say anything about the RDS radio. Mine is an 03 QC Dakota with in-dash 6 cd changer (no cassette) without steering wheel controls. Can anyone tell me a good adapter for my truck?

Quick Reply: Ipod/mp3 aux input