Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

CD will not eject

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:54 PM
rakram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD will not eject

Standard Dodge Ram factory CD player, two months out of warranty.Eject button stopped working. There is no pin hole that I can find to manually eject the disk. I have pulled the fuse to break the power feed, but this reset did not work. The disk still plays, advances tracks and the lower mode toggle still works. Radio works fine. Does anyone know of a combination of buttons that might over ride the eject button or force a reset? Or, does anyone know the correct method to remove the face plate? Once I can see the device and/or remove the player, I should be able to solve the problem. I don't care about the CD, but the Dodge Dealer solution is to simply replace the unit for $250 plus labor. For that, I can get a much better unit with installation included which will probably be the final solution.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:40 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CD will not eject

To get the bezel off, just remove the 1 screw from inside that little hook area by the glovebox, the rest of the panel is just snapped on. You will need to pry up a little piece of plastic near the steering wheel under the gauge cluster because the bezel goes underneath it slightly.

Quick Reply: CD will not eject