Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

subs in my 1998 ram ext cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:23 PM
salmonman1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subs in my 1998 ram ext cab

I'm in the process of completing my system in my truck but was wondering if any one has tried to mount subs in the side panel, I was thinking of putting in some, with out having to buy a box for under the seat.
anyone have any idea's

Old 06-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Captain Pioneer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: subs in my 1998 ram ext cab

do not do that. Not only will it rattle the heck out of your cab... there is not a sealed compartment there for those subs to operate in... If you really want to put some sort of a bass install in the side panels you really should look into 7" midbass drivers. Even then you should seal off that area by either creating a baffle or if you are handy with Fiberglass created a small area for those midbass drivers to go in.

U could have them in open air application where there is no baffle but you will not realize the full potential of those midbass drivers...

So short answer... Dont put subs in side trim panels.
Get it for under the seat or sacrifice one seat for a box and amp install.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
salmonman1

Thanks Captian Pioneer, it looks like I will have to go with a sub box under my rear set, has anyone built
one for there Ram.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Captain Pioneer
Professional

i know ppl who build boxes but if u want to u can get a Q form box, but frankly they kinda suck... I hate Qlogic boxes... if you really want a good box see if ur local install shop will build one.. if not go here... and ask Ryan to build one for you... www.basstronics.net

Old 06-26-2007, 10:32 PM
nitroguy

I have a set of MTX 2-10" custom fit for the extended cab 1998 ram for sale. I am 35 and never abused them. They are mint. They just slide in and 2 screws hold them in place. I just bought a dodge nitro and these will not fit in there. I am asking $300 for them. I have a post in the classified saying the same thing. I also have a picture on the post but i can send you more if you like. If you are interested message me back here or email me

tye1on2nite@hotmail.com

eric

Old 06-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Captain Pioneer
Professional

Those really arnt that bad of an option if they are powered correctly... Not my first suggestion but not my last... $300 isnt a bad price either... If ur just looking for a little thump... but ur not goin to win any awards for SPL or SQ with that set up... But I think for your application that would and could be the most economical set up

Quick Reply: subs in my 1998 ram ext cab