Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Subs cut out..

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
the727kid
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Subs cut out..

You've heard of Fi but not Sundown?? Everyother FI owner uses Sundown amps lol. I got some BLs sitting in my garage.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:41 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Well.....I bought an avalanche from a guy on ecoustics and when I got it fed-ex cracked the basket in shipment to me. So they said they would inspect it to see if they did it then let me know. So they send it back to ascendent and then said I didnt if after I got it and denied my claim.......even tho they shipped it back to ascendent. They wont ship it back, so I talk to chad and he said he would talk to his fed-ex rep about it. After a couple months of getting the run around from chad he stopped emailing me and wouldnt be available when I called. I know it wasnt his problem, but he eventually jst didnt wanna mess with me so he avoided me....and kept my sub. I really dont care anymore and dont wanna mess with it.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:13 AM
the727kid
Rookie

^^That sucks, talk to Scott he will probally take care of you just explain the full situation. I would like to try out the AA Poly Mids though I heard a lot about the old ones.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Captain Pioneer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Habeba... why didnt you just directly deal with Fed-Ex? As long as the sub was insured, once the claim is issued and they find that the sub has been destryoed in transit they will give you the insurance money for the sub, as long as it checks out in value. I had the same problem happen in my Soundstream T4-10 that i got... Damn UPS dropped it and misaligned the VC on it ... It was insured for $200 needless to say that even though all i paid for it was shipping and a trade of a Alpine 12" Type R... I was $200 richer... well sorta... lol

You might be able to talk to Scott about that though. But given that this was a long time ago... He might not be able to do anything though. Really both Scott and Chad have been really good to everyone i know and are some of the most proactive guys in the business. They really have time for everyone which is great

I was about a mouses *****'s length away from getting a set of those poly mids... One of my greatest regrets that i didnt buy them But yea from what i hear... for the money they perfrom very very well...

Yea i dont know why i Havnt heard of Sundown Audio yet? Its wierd as soon as you told me about it here... a dealer came on our site, who for the first time is actually a local guy near me in CT!! I'm basically the only one that is from up there but yea he offered me a couple really good prices and offered to even demo the subs in my car when i choose to do the install. So im pretty happy bout that but unfortunately I cant afford to do it just yet... First comes the Alpine IDA-X001 You have BL's in ur garage? What config? If you were looking to sell those there is a distict possibility that our SPL guru at my site would be interested in those... Well until he launches his new line of subs...

Old 07-12-2007, 11:19 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

When I calld fed-ex they said the seller has to file the claim....He did, they came and got the sub shipped it back to AA and then denied my claim and when I call they give me this crap about how the other guy has to call and they cant give me any info unless he signs some paper so they can give me info or something......I really jst dont wanna mess with it anymore, but I will never use fed-ed again.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Captain Pioneer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually have problems with UPS but never Fed EX... but then again i dont ship any large Packages through them... Oh well sorry to hear that

Old 07-12-2007, 06:57 PM
the727kid
Rookie

Is your site SSA?? If so umm Sundowns forum is on that forum lol.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:52 PM
DodgeRAmPower
Rookie

Sorry bringing dead topic back to life..
So i've replaced my alternator.., my battery..., both my subs, and my head unit....
Well today i replaced my 750.1 kicker amp...lol bingo...no more subs cutting out at high bass... if i turned it up past a 1/4 on the bass **** (on the old amp) it would cut out like CRAZY. well we get the new Kicker 750.1 wired up in there and turned up the bass **** to 3/4, turned the truck on and thumped for 10 mins straight @ high bass...and vocals...left me half deaf but its all good

Quick Reply: Subs cut out..