Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Unique Whips Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:32 AM
cr80renob
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unique Whips Sucks!

ORIGINAL: rtkota5point9

In my opinion, if EVERY job that leaves your shop is not "Top notch" then it shouldn't leave. It's not like they slacked a little on that job, they just outright trashed that installation. So what... They're mentality is "Oh it isn't a lambo, it's just a $90K truck, so lets just half-*** this one k guys? Oh but make sure you put some Armor All on those tires" [:'(] That's B.S.

The reason all their installs are impressive is because from outside/TV/far away they look great. But I bet if you dig into them you'll find a lot of crap like this.
Man, I agree with you all the way! I couldn't have said it better myself...

I was watching one episode of Unique Whips and they had to build an amp rack, alright, not so hard... Well they just lift up the back seat and throw a piece of trash MDF board down and call it good! I saw that and laughed... They chaged that guy an arm and a leg to do the install, and it was nothing that he couldn't have done himself for $20 and a stop at Home Depot!

If I brought my truck to them and it came out looking like that.... I would be furious!!! [:@]

Old 07-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Captain Pioneer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt see the cars at Sema, if thats what someone is implying... I dont live super far away from their shop and i have seen a lot of their cars at individual car shows in the region and in CT. I didnt meet Reme at SEMA either... I met him when i actually visited the shop. He is a good guy and a lot of ppl do not realize that its really not just the main guys that u see on TV... they are only the ones who signed wavers to be on it. There are like 20 other guys that do work there, and trust me they are doing all kinds of cars there and Reme isnt on them all. I would bet you that he probably didnt even touch that truck. He is a pretty experienced installer and i would back any of HIS work any day.

The problem is that you are assuming that this truck was done by him and him alone. You need to make sure that you have your facts straight before playing the blame game. When you are running that big of a shop it can be difficult to maintain quality control at all times especially if you have to maintain a high profile client list as well as a tv show. Im sure that if any of us was in their place we wouldnt handle it that much better

The following users liked this post:
michael777 (08-10-2021)
Old 07-26-2007, 09:08 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star

I'm not blaming this on Reme, I don't care who installed it, the fact is that shop didthe workand should take the responsibility for letting it leave in that condition.

If you can'trun a shop and be on TV... DON'T BE ON TV! Let's look at priorities here. And I understand that running a shop with so many installs would be hard, but that's why you hire managers.

The fact is, this truckhad this install done at their shop, the customer wasWAY overcharged for the amount of work and qualitythat wasdone, and it was allowed to leave that way. Unacceptable.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 AM
1mi
Default Unique Autosports SUCKS!!!!!

I spent $40,000 at this over rated place. I could have had the work done for $20-$25k. It's all smoke and mirrors. Most of the work is sub contracted by your local auto body. All Will Castro does is add more to the price of the subs. The work is rushed and poor. It shouldn't of even had a show on TV. Do yourself a favor, go somewhere more reasonable and with more quality. It's all an image at this place, not the real deal quality craftsmanship. Anybody can slap rims on a car, but they can't offer quality! I also did work for the owner and he doesn't pay his bills! He is not a stand up guy. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Poker King
Default I guess u r being nice when u call them a joke

Originally Posted by rtkota5point9
http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122877

I always thought Unique was a joke. The work they do is half-assed and over priced. They spray paint half the **** and then charge $100K for it! The owner is way too full of himself. But after seeing this thread I almost puked! The work in this truck is rediculous. Even our little shop does way better work than this. Maybe not as elaborate, but definatly better quality.It sickens me! [:@]
Will is just a Fat Joke, if he didn't have Remy he wouldn't be ****. Maybe one of the Stars should check out the little man shop. it would only cost them a Tenth of what they pay Unique and it would be a better job.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:23 AM
zierbox
Amateur

The only thing worse than Unique Whips is pimp My Ride

Old 03-08-2016, 01:09 AM
Vee
Default Unique Rides? Whips? Whatever?

For me personally, Will Castro is a BLOWHARD. His rides in my opinion are tacky and overpriced. He has some skilled workers no doubt. But how much **** can someone take from a Munchkin?
He should have stuck to stereo installations. Only celebrities can afford to pay his inflated prices for the product he puts out. I stopped watching that crap when it was on the Speed Channel.
Just saying.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Well since they brought it back on velocity it may resurrect this thread. Have to agree, Will is a d**k! I can't believe Reme put up with his crap. I guess he got tired of it because he's not on the new one. I cant believe Will compared his place with west coast customs! What a joke!

Old 03-16-2016, 02:02 AM
IMCHALLENGEN

Originally Posted by Moparite
Well since they brought it back on velocity it may resurrect this thread. Have to agree, Will is a d**k! I can't believe Reme put up with his crap. I guess he got tired of it because he's not on the new one. I cant believe Will compared his place with west coast customs! What a joke!
Yeah they pretty much suck. Now he has another shop that comes to his location to do all the vinyl wraps, and takes cars out to have paint work done. only thing they do in-house that decent is upholstery work. Audio still sucks. It comes down to who you know most of the time. I know some of the best fabricators and installers in the country. They work on big jobs, but they are not making $30-$50k per car like these guys do. they get the big names that don't care that they drop that amount of money.

Quick Reply: Unique Whips Sucks!